Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Tennis (includes SPOILERS)
  • Pigface
    Free Member

5th time lucky for Andy, fair play to the dour one he did the business.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good on the plucky brit as opposed to the miserable Scot when he looses

yossarian
    Free Member

Fairplay to him.

zokes
    Free Member

Yup – looks like he’ll be British for a little wile longer yet…

cynic-al
    Free Member

YES!

why the reserve and not celebrating?

althepal

Goodness knows but well done anyway!

Pigface
    Free Member

I am not gushing because I think he is an arse but what he has done this year in tennis is brilliant. Gold medal and now a grand slam, fantastic, it makes SPOTY even harder to pick.

swavis

Nice one Andy! 😀

tails
    Free Member

NO FRICKIN WAY! I’m so happy for him, after Wimbledon I was considering a bet that he’d never win a grand slam! Lendl has worked wonders! :mrgreen:

grum
    Free Member

Great achievement – I’ll admit I was one of the doubters that wondered if he’d ever do it. Wish I could have stayed awake to listen to it but was nodding off by the fourth set.

I am not gushing because I think he is an arse

Why do you think that then?

NZCol

Hard audience you lot – Olympic Old and a Grand Slam is quite an achievement.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Fantastic achievement – perhaps the boost from the public affirmation at Olympics was just what he needed.

mt
    Free Member

Fantastic for him, I hope has more gran slam wins. He is as good a player as the other top 4.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Go on Andy, top stuff!. Deserves it for the hard work he has put in from being a weedy wee spotty teenager, a credit to us.

thepurist

Hard audience you lot – Olympic Old and a Grand Slam is quite an achievement.

Come on NZCol – this is STW. Getting your latest hand built titanium niche 29er fatbike frame sprayed the same colour as your Audi is quite an achievement, getting a KOM on your local trail that you & 6 other people ride is quite an achievement, getting your money back after being ripped off on the classifieds is quite an achievement, having the final word in a debate about wearing helmets is quite an achievement.

A Scot winning a tennis game? Well we could all do that if we had talent, fitness, dedication and years of practice (and sacrifice) couldn’t we.

Well done Mr Murray.

brakes
    Free Member

well done that man.
    sportspeople from round these parts are having an AMAZING summer.

mikey3
    Free Member

The purist,best post ever.

mt
    Free Member

“A Scot winning a tennis game?”

He’s Scottish? I’d never have supported him if I’d known. 🙂

Seriously he has done great, always entertaining win or lose. You can see him fighting as well as when it’s all to much and he starts to give in. A really human guy who lets all hang out. Makes the games seem more real sometimes. So what if he gets grumpy at times, his job has a bit more pressure than some. Would hate to have a camera looking at me on a bad day. Love to watch him play

Junkyard
    Free Member

Finally

Now we just need to listen to the English bleat on about 66 I suspect another 70 + year wait

zokes
    Free Member

having the final word in a debate about wearing helmets is quite an achievement.

Nah, that’s much easier than it used to be. This should now be declassified to a “very minor achievement”

NZCol

Ahahaha top notch thePurist so right.

Now where’s Badger for some light relief ? Or Derek show us your bruise again ?

Kit
    Free Member

**** get in there ya bas! woohoo!

druidh
    Free Member

BBC News
    😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Tennis (includes SPOILERS)’ is closed to new replies.