Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Tennis ball dog chucka thingy recommendation
  • sas78

Sick of breaking these…

Looking for one that’s robust, firm (cos I want to tire the dug out), and has a decent handle.

Any suggestions?

DickBarton

Arm?

oldschool

Tennis racket

ontor
    Free Member

the chuckit ones are good & our lab loves the whistling ball that they make too

Muke
    Free Member

I get to practice throwing this a long way and the dog gets to bring it back.

sas78

Ha! My arm can’t ‘go the distance’! A tennis racket, nah!

Aerobie might be a shout, but still remember the emotional stress of losing one in 1987 in a gorse bush somewhere in Ayrshire!

Chuckit and whistling ball winning at present.

sandwicheater

+1000 for the Aerobie, been using them for years. Will go a good few 100m in the right conditions, tough as old boots, just excellent.

We do have an abundance of open field where we live though which helps with keeping lost Aerobie’s to a minimum.

conkerman
    Free Member

Khaaaaaannnnn

khani
    Free Member

Don’t shout, I’m not deaf…
    Get the big one, you can get a good swing and chuck it miles…

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

Someone I know has a “Chuckit” ball launcher with a rubberised handle. I keep meaning to order one (but neve actually get round to it), it’s much sturdier than the generic flexi plastic tat that I usually end up buying.

Something like this:

http://www.activehound.co.uk/collections/chuckit/products/ultra-grip-launcher

benp1

How tough are those aerobies?

My lab has broken every frisbee I’ve used with him, but they tend to be the more brittle ones. I bought a Kong branded one, which doesn’t go massively far but is absolutely unbreakable (and if he wasn’t paying attention means I don’t have to walk too far to get it)

sandwicheater

How tough are those aerobies?

Very. Our LabX munches through most toys and find the Aerobie lasts a good year including being used as a tug toy between ours and in-laws dog.

We had one already and were just playing with it when we though ‘lets just let the dog have a go’. Brilliant. Goes for miles and easy enough to catch in the air. Also, with a bit of wind/expert throwing we’ve had thrown close to 300m with the dog chasing all the way.

Andy

Chuck-it +1 Thrower is slightly longer and more robust than the normal Petstore type offering means you can send the ball a bit further. Plus the whistling rubber balls are excellent. The dog follows the whistle. There is also a glow in the dark one which is really bright once you shine a bike light on it. Just make sure there isn’t an overly aggressive dog lurking in the dark where you throw the ball to 🙁

onlysteel
    Free Member

Trebuchet?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Mini Chuckit here for our whippet with a whistling or orange ball

I can throw it plenty far enough in the fields by us and it’s not long that it’s a hassle to carry

MarinNo8
    Free Member

I use an Irish hurling stick with good tennis ball or a firm foam ball to exercise our collies. With a bit of practice you can scoop the ball up and smack it one, therefore you don’t get your hands dirty/slimey.

sandwicheater

Just ordered a chuckit too, the Aerobie is ace but you still get dribble all over your hand.

Squidlord
    Free Member

I thought you meant something like this:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PcL6-mjRNk[/video]

joolsburger
    Free Member

+ lots for Chuckit ball and launcher they go really far, the balls last ages and float too.

CountZero

That ball launcher is genius! ‘Course, you need a dog that’s smart enough to load it.
    Perfect for my brother’s Lab, not so much for his dimwitted Pyrennean… 😀

h1jjy
    Free Member

i would say anything from Kong.
    Not known a dog to kill one yet. My parents collie as killed everything else

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Tennis ball dog chucka thingy recommendation’ is closed to new replies.