• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jonk.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tenn Mens Driven 5K Waterproof/Breathable Cycling Trousers , anyone got them?
  • Poopscoop

I’m on a budget and apart from sizing issues (come up way small apparently) they seem ok?

More road orientated but can’t see that being an issue for of road use…

link

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Not sure 5k is not a very high rating though.

Look on ebay for some Army/RAF goretex trousers is probably a better bet/

RAF ones are blue – about £20.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC2.A0.H0.Xraf+goretex+trousers.TRS0&_nkw=raf+goretex+trousers&_sacat=0

Most army ones are camo but they are some plain green/olive ones in there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=mod+goretex+trousers&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xarmy+goretex+trousers.TRS0&_nkw=army+goretex+trousers&_sacat=0

Poopscoop

Good point about ex army.

Thinking they will be a bit loose around leg though?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

plenty of people on here use them I believe – although cutting them off into shorts is one route.

Hopefully someone will be along soon to offer their advise.

Edric64
    Free Member

I have ridden on the road in RAF Goretex trousrs whilst they are great trousers for walking in they are terrible for cycling ,heavy ,baggy and they wont stay up without braces

Poopscoop

Ah, thanks for the info mate.

Might order the Tenns in that case.
    Once I am even remotely solvent again! 😀

nairnster
    Free Member

I bought a pair last December for off road use, and have been pretty pleased with them.

A nice fit without being either too baggy or too tight, enough room to wear light (I use fox enduro) knee pads underneath.

Never had too much problem getting a soaking backside etc, but obviously just remember they are not sooper dooper expensive trousers.

I am happy with mine for £26.

teamslug
    Free Member

I’ve just sent some tennis back. The sizing was miles out.

sillyoldman

Calling a fabric waterproof with a 5k rating is either optimistic or misleading. That’s really low water resistance for fabric that will be under pressure (arse on saddle).

nairnster
    Free Member

The sizing was fine on mine. Same size as I take in all my other trousers.

jonk
    Free Member

I bought some and they ripped in no time. Sent them back and the new “improved” ones wore a hole in the bum in around 6 rides. They will be fine for anything where you wont get muddy and the grinding paste isn’t on your saddle, which if your a man isn’t anywhere.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tenn Mens Driven 5K Waterproof/Breathable Cycling Trousers , anyone got them?’ is closed to new replies.