Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tenion chain with ebb
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

I haven’t got a two pin spanner!

What’s the best to rotate an ebb to tension the chain?

Especially interested in mid trial solutions.

kcal

loosen grub screws. take long handled allen key, insert one end in one pin, and use the crank as leverage to turn the EBB gradually… works for me, can vouch for it 🙂

I didn’t even think of using two pin spanner, the FAQ on Singular site says “If it is a little snug then a 5mm allen key can be inserted in the hole in the insert, then the cranks turned to lever against the allen key and rotate the whole assembly. ”

smatkins1
    Free Member

Just tried turning the cranks against an allen key, nothing budged! Maybe my wedge is too wedged!?

kcal

mine was certainly almost seized in the shell up to a couple of weeks ago (never looked at it since bought the bike). So it could be that, might need a dismantle and clean up, add anti-seize.

Having said that, I think mine is a different design?

Wedge (I think) is a different design to the one I have..

TiRed

Loosen the wedge bolts and “persuade” the gap with a large flat bladed screwdriver to break some of the corrosion. Worked for one of my tandems. Twin allen keys and a large adjustable spanner might work too.

unovolo
    Free Member

Used a longhandled Allen key against the cranks like the others and worked fine.

This was on a rebuild though so the frame was clean(Just been powdercoated) and I coated the EBB with a light smear of coppergrease to prevent it sticking and no creaking either.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tenion chain with ebb’ is closed to new replies.