Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tendonitis in wrist vs. Ergon grips?
  • 13thfloormonk

On a long camping trip over the weekend I developed tendonitis in my left wrist, which I've never experienced before.

Nothing on my bike has changed significantly so I assume it was due to the load I was carrying, the length of the ride and the amount of hikey-bike involved.

Do these ergon grips help prevent tendonitis? (obviously they won't help with the hikey-bike bit!)

ampthill

You mile age may vary but no they didn't help ME

Your mileaqe may differ. My wrist doesn't like being bent back. With ergon's this was worse as they stop you rotating your hands round the bar as you stand up

Mary bars rolled slightly back have been fantastic

Neither is pricey to try

higthepig
    Free Member

Worked for me after some faffing to get them in the right position, test and adjust for a few rides and they are perfect now.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Helped with my ulnaritus, again after a bit of faffing finding the correct psoition.

ton

up to 2 months ago, i was in constant pain with sore wrists.
    i changed all bikes to ergon grips, i bought a powerball, which i used daily and i sleep in 2 wrist supports ( i was laying with my right hand under my chest with the wrist bent)
    i now have no wrist pain and have plenty of grip back.

so ergons do work.

ampthill

Hmmm maybe I should try again

big_scot_nanny

Carnegie bars have eliminated hand wrist pain for me.
    Kev

lowey

I use them specifically for tendonitis, and never had a recurrence of it. It does take a while getting the angle right but well worth it.

13thfloormonk

Cheers guys, powerball is a given, I've got one anyway just don't use it too often.

Already got some sweptback Salsa bars, almost wondered if the grips would result in too 'swept' a position.

Might just have been a big mileage + no bar ends (which I forgot to fit).

Will probably try them anyway, not sleeping on my wrist is something I should check, I've been sleeping funny anyway because of a sore shoulder…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tendonitis in wrist vs. Ergon grips?’ is closed to new replies.