Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tende, Alpes Maritimes
  • dave360

Booked a Sleasy to Nice mid April and thinking of getting the Train des Merveilles up to Tende and then go exploring. Can anyone recommend a chambre d’hote or an el cheapo hotel?

dave360

bumpety bump. Anyone?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not quite Tende, but nearby.

I stayed here: http://www.space-between.co.uk/ a few years ago.

Had a truly brilliant time. Very, very quiet (in October) with some really nice mountain walking from the door. Didn’t use their guiding service, but did make the most of route advice.

La Zoucciere by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dave360

ta Bandit, but it 80 odd Km away. Really want somewhere closish to train station. “mountain walking?” sorry, don’t understand…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

“mountain walking?”

I was there with pregnant wife who didn’t want to risk lack of balance on 2 wheels, rather than 2 feet. Obviously everywhere I went I was eyeing up trails with the intention of going back with the bike. And it would be fantastic! Slight issue is not being allowed to ride in the Marcantour National Park.

As I checked the map, realised we benefited from having a hire car, rather than public transport.

Although, 80km + bike = do-able…. 🙂

tallgavin
    Free Member

Cheapo hotel above the bar on the high street. Great little town full of some whacky characters! Camp site on the northern edge of the town.
    Tende has one of the best via ferrata’s I’ve done. Huge exposure and a great couple of zip wires if that’s your thing. Some great rock climbing in the area. As above, not sure that biking is allowed in the park but being France, they tend to ignore the rules anyhow.

dave360

any more info on cheapo hotel above the bar on the high street Tall?

dave360

any more info on cheapo hotel above the bar on the high street Tall?

tallgavin
    Free Member
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tende, Alpes Maritimes’ is closed to new replies.