Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ten Speed Chains.
  • singlespeedstu

What’s everyone using?
    It’s to be used with an XT mech and cassette if that makes any difference?

tang
    Free Member

Wipperman connex, on xt 10sp here. no probs at all and Id say lasting well plus its got a reusable link.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’m running a XTR one that i got at Rose Bikes for around £26, despite lots of people slating shimano chains i’ve always been fine with them and have never used sram.

Stu, on a different subject, have you any knowledge on Reba 29er lowers being off centre? I seem to recall you may have mentioned it a year or so ago? Just built up the Honzo and my new (2010/11?) Reba Team maxles are once again like my old non tapered ones, theres loads more clearance on one side of the tyre than the other? I’d have thought the lowers would have been sorted by now seeing as the other new are over 3 years old.

Sorry to change the subject but you know your stuff on 29er gear.
    29er Revs arrived yet for the Canfield?

singlespeedstu

MrTall.

I think they were still getting the offset problem on some of the 2011 Rebas. You should be able to get them replaced under warranty.
    There’s a thread on MTBR 29er forum about it.

I had a rev for the yelli but it had to go back because of some marks on the stanchions.The new one should be here next week.

Oh and thanks for the answers so far.
    I’d already looked at the wippermann chains as that’s what i use on my 9 speed bikes.

MrTall
    Free Member

Bugger.

Therein lies the problem of sourcing forks abroad, old ones from the US, these ones from 29squadron in Belgium.

Maybe i’ll email them and see what they say.
    Any chance of a link to the MTBR thread?

singlespeedstu
    MrTall
    Free Member

Thanks Stu, much appreciated.

Just had a little spin outside on the Honzo and the tyre is rubbing when out the saddle with just a 2.25″ Nevegal in it.

May fire off an email to sram as it would appear that all 3 of my 29er Reba’s are off centre. Disgusting really seeing as altogether its well over £1k’s worth of fork. 2 i’m sure will be out of warranty now but the newest one seems the worst of the lot so it may have to go back.

Is it true the tyre clearance in the Revs is far better?

mboy
    Free Member

10spd XT on one bike, and 10spd SLX chain on the other bike here. Been using SRAM 9spd chains for donkeys, but Shimano are definitely in the lead again I’d say. Though I do use a reusable quick link though as I like to be able to get the chain off in a hurry if I need to.

curvature
    Free Member

My 10sp Shimano didn’t last long at all.

SRAM was very good.

Gold Wipperman Conex is great and looks the part. The split link is brilliant and reusable unlike the SRAM 10sp chain link.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ten Speed Chains.’ is closed to new replies.