Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Temporary ROW closures
  • Klunk
    Free Member

what’s the penalty for ignoring them ?

z1ppy

in your case, potentially death by the sounds of it…

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah I’ll take my chances with that, the road alternative is nasty.

schnor
    Free Member

None, especially if the alternative route is bad. I often have people walk past me even when I’m putting the notices / signs up.

If I see someone do it and if there’s anything dangerous ahead (they’re generally shut for a reason), I just tell them to take care.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Depends what its for, If its Animal related anything from a slap from a farmer to being run over by a bull.

Fall in a big hole, or ride through some restoration work.

schnor
    Free Member

Klunk, I just noticed on the horse thread about your RoW’s being closed for old mine workings. It’s very rare for a RoW to be extinguished, but depending on how much work there is to cap / infill them it could take some time.

It could also take some time to find out who has to do the work as the legislation regarding old mines is pretty complicated (leases / mineral rights / landownership / etc). 6 month closures are the longest you can get, but they could put another one on when it expires.

It would definitely be worth asking your PRoW department if they are going to provide a better alternative route, or even a permissive path / diversion to the existing RoW.

ormondroyd
    Free Member
    wwaswas

That video is *ace*

I bet you had to get undressed on the doorstep after that one 🙂

motivforz
    Free Member

My local national cycle route I use on the commute has been closed for about 8 months now after it was only supposed to be for 5 months. Still avoid it though as they are clearing potentially radioactive material from the neighbouring site.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Temporary ROW closures’ is closed to new replies.