Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Temporary number plates
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Just realised – I'm picking up the caravan tomorrow, and I don't have a number plate for it. I can't get a proper plate since you need the V5 and it's at home.

Do I

a) ignore it
    b) scrawl the number on a bit of cardboard in biro and stick it in the window?
    c) try and get some kind of number plate kit where you stick the letters on. I don't know if you can still get those…

wwaswas

transfer plate from car to caravan for journey home?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

don't worry about it and see how many "live" speed cameras there are on your way home?

😉

Helios
    Free Member

If you drive in the day you can just write it on something as long as it's legible and the right size… You need a proper shiney reflecty number plate at night…

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Blow caravan up (ala Clarkson) and book in a nice B+B, save other road users the misery. 😆

nickjb
    Free Member

Have you got a printer?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

c) try and get some kind of number plate kit where you stick the letters on. I don't know if you can still get those…

I have been told that they aren't supposed to sell those any more and indeed they are hard to get hold of….

But

The mortorist discount shop in Frimley Green (On the mini roundabout) still sells them if you're still working in Farnborough? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks for the top local tip, PP.

Local tip as in location-specific advice. Not calling Farnborough a local tip 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No, that would be Aldershot! 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

You mean this place?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh, sorry, I meant just FRIMLEY, not Frimley Green sorry… 😳

It's right in the middle on the mini roundabout, opposite the turning into Waitrose car park

AlasdairMc

Not all places ask for the V5, it depends if you go to a small local shop or a garage.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can produce the car if not the V5 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Oh yes, I saw that sign on streetview but couldn't read it. I thought it was a halal butchers.

Ta 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pop into somewhere that makes number plates and ask them if they make "signs" as well as number plates. Then just buy a "sign" that says anything you want.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Temporary number plates’ is closed to new replies.