Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Temporary 30 day car insurance – where?
  • spacemonkey

Buying a third car at the w/end and just need temp cover on one of the existing ones. My insurers don’t offer this, whereas the good lady’s want £80 (which is OTT IMO).

Have tried Temp Cover (rip off £204 on a Focus!).

What doth thou recommend?

TVM

EDIT: Aviva want £220!

jon1973
    Free Member

Not sure you’ll find it much cheaper than that. I think when I tried a few years back I was quoted £25 / week.

nickjb
    Free Member

Might be cheaper to get a 1 year policy then cancel it. They usually have a sliding scale of cancellation charges. I suspect for a month it wouldn’t be worth it but you never know.

docrobster
    Free Member

Like nick says.
    we had the same situation a couple years ago, temporarily had 3 cars in the household. Just renewed the policy then cancelled it when the old car went to auction. We were charged a 1/12 of the annual fee plus an admin charge of maybe £25 I think.
    Do you have an existing policy for the car that is going?

spacemonkey

I think you’re right about going down the cancellation route. Missus has an existing policy and is being asked to pay £80/month as temp cover. I’ll call my insurers and see what I can do – paperwork only says stuff like “You may be charged £35 admin fee … and get a refund”, i.e nothing about paying the full term for early cancellation etc.

Cheers all

spacemonkey

Arse. Cheap annual premium but £55 cancellation fee = no go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Temporary 30 day car insurance – where?’ is closed to new replies.