Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tellybox speaker options
  • flyingmonkeycorps

My television (like most flatscreens) has terrible sound. Awful. I had a soundbar but it now won’t fit where the TV lives.

What’s a good, reasonably priced (say around £150 but less would be good) unobtrusive option? Surround sound would be nice but would have to be little speakers. Sound base?

isto
    Free Member

I have been having a look myself at this. Mine also needed to be unobtrusive as it is a sun-room so I wouldn’t be able to hide the wires anywhere. The best solution I came up with is the Yamaha YSP1400 – although it is a soundbar according to reviews it does manage to achieve a decent level of surround sound. It does this by way of an app for your phone where you tell it how your room is laid out and it works out the best way to bounce the sound of the walls.

It is slightly over your budget (and mine) at around £230. I have decided to hold off until I can afford it but this option is decidedly more boring than buying something 🙁

fadda

I bought a Denon soundbox for within your budget, and it does a great job – much fuller sound, although it isn’t surround. Bluetooth connectivity is nice, too!

Edit: this one: , although it’s slightly over budget…

flyingmonkeycorps

That Denon looks interesting. Surround is by no means essential, would just be nice. The Yamaha looks great but I fear would be pushing the budget too far.

flyingmonkeycorps
    david47
    Free Member

Love my Cambridge Audio Minx sound base… sits under the tv, sounds good. errr what more is there to say ? Oh they don’t make it any more, the new one is Cambridge Audio TV2.
    http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-soundbases-2015

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tellybox speaker options’ is closed to new replies.