• This topic has 72 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Telly: what are you following?
  • rmacattack
    Free Member

got

downshep

Just finished season 4 of House of Cards, most excellent.

Never seen GOT.

LeeW

Have just finished watching the first and last season of Blacklist – Redemption, it s spin off from The Blacklist in which James Spader is a superstar, season 5 is coming next year which I think will be the last one.

Also just finished watching the last season of Gamorrah, ready for when the new season starting in November. Can’t believe season one aired nearly 5 years ago!

Totally forgot I’d got the other half in to Boardwalk Empire before I came back out the Singapore. I think it’s brilliant, I love Steve Buscemi.

darrell
    Free Member

Just watching Season One of The Leftovers

just finished Season One of Preacher

both very good

muggomagic

Bit bored with the 3rd series of bloodline, only about halfway through.

Just started Ozark. 2 episodes in and really enjoying it.

Netflix or whoever need to hurry up with Spotless season 2.

blader1611
    Free Member

Paw patrol,peppa pig,blaze and the monster machines,in the night garden.

keithd
    Free Member

Another shout for The Detectorists. Watched both series when originally aired but even better second time around. got to be one of the best British comedies for years. having worked with a detectorist is so true to life too!

binners

Guy Garvey interviewed Toby Jones on his programme on 6 music on Sunday. They’re presently filming series 3 of the Detectorists

Interesting fact: Guy Garvey is married to the actress who plays Becky. Not that that’ll inspire much jealousy on here, I’m sure 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Guy Garvey is married to the actress who plays Becky. Not that that’ll inspire much jealousy on here, I’m sure

Guy Garvey? Jeez. I’m gonna eat more pies and dress like a tramp! 😆

(Couldn’t handle being a singer of dreary shite though)

spacemonkey

Finished Goliath last week. You can see how the story is going to pan out but the quirky events, characters, their relationships and witticisms make it worthwhile.

Currently half way through Stranger Things S1. Only heard about it 2 weeks ago and had to pester the missus into sorting out her Netflix account’s weird behaviour to watch it. Great throwback to the early 80s; BMXs, D&D and the kind of backwood horror that Carpenter might have produced. Good fun.

darrell
    Free Member

oh yeah I’ll second Paw Patrol

and add the Octonauts and Ninjago

senorj

Another ninjago “fan” here.
    Add Alvin & the chipmunks to the list.
    Last good one I saw was Versailles.

lazybike
    Free Member

Last chance U and Game of Thrones.

munro
    Free Member

Ozark has really hooked me.

Fargo latest is broodingly good.

Top of the Lake 2 looks like it should be good.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Elementary.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve been hooked on The Night Of over the last couple of evenings.

martinhutch

My wife and I have just finished the first series of Game of Thrones. She makes me fast forward the nekkidness, which is unfortunate, as I’m sure I am missing many aspects of the nuanced plotlines… 🙂

I’m sure she’s only looking after my moral wellbeing.

Creg

Just finished “The Night Of” which was good.

Also following/catching up on:

Hell on Wheels
    The Expanse
    GoT (not seen any of s7 yet, waiting for them all so I can binge watch it)
    Fear The Walking Dead
    Killjoys (only watched a couple of episodes
    True Detective (seen them all but hoping for a 3rd season
    Preacher (Just finished S1)
    Fargo

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Got to Episode 5 of Ozark and bored now as it reveals itself to be very, very ordinary, not sure if I’ll bother watching the rest.
    Preacher is nonsense but good fun and very watchable.
    Game of Thrones is great escapist stuff.
    The Handmaid’s Tale was excellent and the only new thing I’ve seen this year that I’d actually recommend to anyone.
    Last Chance U Is kind of interesting although many of the people they follow through the series are difficult to warm too which can make some episodes a bit of an empty experience.

CountZero

(Couldn’t handle being a singer of dreary shite though)

Thus speaks the resident STW music critic. Them as can, does, them as can’t, criticise.
    Good thing I rely on what my ears tell me, and reviews I trust in Uncut.
    Currently following Twin Peaks and Riviera, and will be following the new series of Endeavour.
    Not that’s it’s of any particular importance.

DrJ

Top of the lake + 1
    I Know Who You Are – lots of flashing-eyed dark-haired women, some without clothes
    Dicte – a bit daft, but I need my Scandi fix
    Into the Dark (or something) – Mancunian noir
    Handmaid’s Tale finished, but really good

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Enjoying Ozark so far (2 episodes in) and it puts me in mind of Bloodline (of which only watched the 1st season, 2nd didn’t grab me)

Is it just me or is Handmaid’s Tale unavailable to watch? Attempted to watch a few weeks ago and first one or two episodes had expired.

*edit – late to the party as ever – but recently OD’d on ‘Black Mirror’. Charles Brooker, I salute you. Not just another cynically sneering, sardonic smartarse with whom I agree enthusiastically every Year’s End-wipe. No. Now a Sci-Fi legend! Even approaching the Rod Serling sense of the phrase.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Riviera on Sky Atlantic was good, just finished it.
    The Handmades Tale is next but struggling to get the first 5 episodes, 6 through10 is on Sky Box sets but the first don’t appear..

DezB
    Free Member

Thus speaks the resident STW music critic. Them as can, does, them as can’t, criticise.
    Good thing I rely on what my ears tell me, and reviews I trust in Uncut

Don’t know if you notice any other opinions expressed about stuff on STW. Maybe you could comment on each of them.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Series 1-4 of Being Human on iplayer – it’s a hoot
    And lots of Storyvilles – the one about James Randi is worth a watch

CountZero

New trailer for Westworld on Sky last night, new series next year. Will be following that.

rajboab
    Free Member

Ray Donovan was a fave of mine.

Just finished Narcos. Great stuff.

Stuart

Gunz
    Free Member

BBQ Pitmasters – three teams are given some meat which they infuse with their ‘flavour profiles’ via rubs which invariably are slightly sweet and a bit hot. They then, after 11 hours smoking and in accordance with US BBQ rules, present it to the judges in a polystyrene box.
    Every episode the same, it’s on Season 7 and I’ve watched most of them.

DezB
    Free Member

Crikey, what next? Televised sewing competitions?
    oh.

Gunz
    Free Member

The strange/disappointing/irrelevant thing is I’ve never lasted more than two episodes of any proper series I’ve attempted, they just bore me; but I do seem to like watching meat cook.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ (Vows never to speed-read comments again)

kormoran
    Free Member

Broken was possibly the best TV I have seen for some years. And it almost slipped under the radar, found it by chance and thought, hey let’s give it a go. Mr Bean was superb, as was the cast generally.

Slightly OT but I picked up the original 1981 Brideshead Revisited box set for a fiver the other day. It is phenomenal television and not dated at all. The acting and dialogue are thoroughly absorbing, I remember it first time round when I was about 12 although the homoerotica was totally over my head at the time! Well worth searching out a copy

DezB
    Free Member

(Vows never to speed-read comments again)

Sam here! 😆

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Telly: what are you following?’ is closed to new replies.