Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Telling someone you dont want see them anymore?
  • UncleFred
    Free Member

Tell her that you ask for relationship advice on here.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Well its done. She took it well.

Thank you. I am surprised you guys all must be sober as there was some good advice.

dobo
    Free Member

go on admit it, you dumped her by text didnt you? 😉

now you going to get stalked hardcore!!

soma_rich
    Free Member

nope a little email.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

soma_rich – Member
    nope a little email.

alwyn
    Free Member

Leave a message on her mums answerphone.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the last time I dumped someone, made sure it was the morning after I’d put some extra effort into the mokey business.

Result? 6 more months of no strings monkey business, well I say no strings…………………

Nico
    Free Member

Should’ve said, “It’s not me, it’s you”.

DickBarton

Best advice is to do the Homer Simpson way – write a letter –

“Dear X,

Welcome to Dumpsville…population YOU!”

Puts the message across in a firm and definite way…

zaskar
    Free Member

Cool-honesty can have its place!

singletrackmind

Surprised no -ones tagged this yet.
    pulls up chair

Soup
    Free Member

Maybe a text and sign off with a sad face :'(

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve got a few of the Meantime IPA (the greatest REAL India Pale Ale on the market today, IMHO)

Been meaning to try that for ages. S’actually brewed just a few miles from where the first ever India Pale Ale was brewed.

I’ll be in the Union pub in Greenwich on Saturday night, the tap for Meantime. Will sample some then.

juan
    Free Member

Well tell her on the phone you want to o for a coffee as “I need to tlk to you”.
    Then during said coffee: I am sorry “insert female name” but this doesn’t feel right for me and I’d rather be honest with you than lie. I am sorry I think I need time. But if you want we could be friends.

You’ll probably have to pay for the drinks…

Hope it helps.

rOcKeTdOg

lol @ juan

Onzadog
    Free Member

I wish I’d been online for this! The problem with the letter is you don’t get to shake her hand after the conversation. There’s alwasy that weird moment where you don’t know how to end the conversation after you’ve told her. Give her a hug? A peck on the cheek? Or the forehead? Nope, shake her hand, there’s no way she’ll misunderstand that gesture and she’ll still remember you forever.

conkerman
    Free Member

“did you know you haqve chlamydia?”

“I haven’t”

“You have now!”

juan
    Free Member

what is so funny RD?

cinnamon_girl

Waves to rich and foxy boy 8)

IMO anyone that can’t say anything to my face and has to resort to text/e-mail is weak and not worthy of me.

But respect to Rich, cos he’s a decent bloke, for asking for advice and wanting to do the right thing. There’s not many gentlemen around these days.

foxy – the STW guys just don’t have your Gallic charm. How are you?

Right, I’m off to my bunker to escape the ammo from the STW Massiv 🙄

farmer-giles
    Free Member

short text?………

**** off weirdo

😉

Nick

the greatest REAL India Pale Ale on the market today, IMHO

Marstons Empire is better, Meantime beers are overpriced trendy fashion ales, imo 🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

You’ll probably have to pay for the drinks…

Tee hee….

Ask her how she usually dumps someone then use that method.

project
    Free Member

Awaits new thread on another bike forum, “my biking boyfreind has just dumped me and i dont know why”.

Nick

oh and beer may well have been brewed for export to India in London initially, but IPA’s are very hoppy and the water in London isn’t good for hoppy beers, it was only when the Burton Breweries started making a strong, hoppy pale ale that the style took off.

Of course they probably treat the water in London today with gypsum to make it similar to Burton water, but it’s not the same is is.

soma_rich
    Free Member

IMO anyone that can’t say anything to my face and has to resort to text/e-mail is weak and not worthy of me.

Very true, we did talk alot over email so it was natural to end that way. And I was a big girl.

Awaits new thread on another bike forum, “my biking boyfreind has just dumped me and i dont know why”.

I didnt leave it like that and gave reasons that I hope she understood.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Mackem – Member

Tell her you´re gay.

..but point out you weren’t till you met her

hels
    Free Member

FFS – two dates ?? Like she cares, prolly doing it with your best mate, you are just cover.

hora
    Free Member

Be honest. Not brutally honest of course, complimentary and say you dont think it would work. Anyway, its only the second date- shes hardly going to be cut up is she? Do it, dont hide from her calls. Just say its not the right time for you.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Blummin ‘eck, this thread has cheered me up, despite being full of a cold & feeling hanging!
    Cheers y’all! 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

Rich – you did the right thing. I really don’t see the point in getting involved with someone if it’s not right! I mean, you could have ended up in a dead end relationship all because you didn’t have the guts to say she wasn’t really quite right for you.

Good for you 🙂

Conor
    Free Member

Similar situ here… give her one more chance, then after the date tell her either way. Easy.

Olly
    Free Member

2 dates!??!
    you dont need a way out, just tell her the truth!

“ure a loverly lass, but its not going anywhere, sorry, toodles”

scraprider
    Free Member

why do you want to dump her,tell her your in training to be a monk ,also dont burn them bridges.
    simples

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Beergut.

sharki
    Free Member

getting rid of them is far easier than getting them in the first place….tell me how you get them i’ll tell you how to lose them.

mboy
    Free Member

Blimey, reading this thread has cheered me up no end, made me realise there ARE people out there with even less clue about the dating game than me!

Soma_Rich, for future reference mate, spoken word is the way to do it. Over the phone, or face to face, email/text is generally way too impersonal. Fair enough if it worked this time and you remain friends, but I wouldn’t remain friends with anyone that dumped me via text or email!

Anyway, it was 2 dates. No issues. “Sorry, I think you’re nice, but I just don’t fancy you enough to start a relationship, I would love to be friends though” is all it requires.

Meeting nice girls is FAR more of a problem than dumping the unsuitable ones, even if it’s not a nice thing to have to do anyway.

aleigh
    Free Member

no – you men are just too choosey 😉

VanHalen

i`ve never been choosy.

a simple ‘i cant be arsed’ seemed to work for me in the past to deter unwanted attention.

Conor
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

no – you men are just too choosey [:wink:]

Hahaha! Ironic statement of the year!!

mboy
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

no – you men are just too choosey [:wink:]

Aleigh, DO NOT say things like that when we know what you’re like! Maybe I am choosy, but it’s cos ultimately I want to be happy and know I couldn’t settle for anything that doesn’t feel right.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Telling someone you dont want see them anymore?’ is closed to new replies.