Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Tell tale signs it's a mtbers house .
  • darrell
    Free Member

cycling shoes and knee pads in the entrance hall.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

from 2 years of being a student with a mountain bike i have noticed these items about my student house and car.

tyre marks on the interior roof of your car.
    mbuk's stickers randomly stuck on items around the house.
    bottle of muck off in the kitchen
    garage has complete set of bike tools but your usual DIY tools r cheep and rusting.
    washing machine sounds more like a cement mixer.
    the most expensive thing in ur house is ur bike
    thier is a very muddy bike sat in the living room lent against some clean clothes.

inbred

When at estate agents biker states:- Main must haves are a garage and a utility room the rest is just to keep the wife happy

Spare bedroom wardrobe full of body armour, jackets etc and chest of drawers in spare bedroom isnt for guests but is full of biking gear

Smell of GT85 eminates from garage

Bregante

shed / garage full of manky old toothbrushes, empty Muc off bottles and the wifes best pot towels!

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

Turbo trainer has it's own permanent place in the living room

Eccles
    Free Member

Garage door kicked in, local scrotes riding £500 xc wheelsets to spar for skins.

kiwijohn

I've been confined(ish) to the laundry. Decked out with work bench & abundant shelves & cupboards. Race bike hanging off the hot water cupboard.
    Still tyre marks on the walls though.
    Unkempt garden.
    Hoses by the front gate & back door for cleaning duties.
    Boxes of Bike mag under the spare bed.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Your seven year old daughter knows the top 10 DH riders by their riding style on MTB Cut footage, and hesitates to enter her first kids bike race because, I quote: "I'm not sure my skills are up to it yet".

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

having just moved house that estate agents one is very true, tiny bedroom, but a double garage and seperate utility room 🙂

Also…….
    Three laundry baskets; whites, darks, bike kit
    Odd sculptures formed form old bikes and parts.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Greasy fingerprints on all doors.

Cleat marks on wooden floor.

Recycling bin full of empty CRC & Wiggle boxes 😳

mcmoonter
    Free Member

You can smell the still damp riding gear thats be festering in the back of the car since the weekend parked outside.

Aidy
    Free Member

My friend is always amused/impressed that my kitchen cupboards contain equal parts kitchen utensils/crockery and bike parts/tools.

soma_rich
    Free Member

You can smell the still damp riding gear thats be festering in the back of the car since the weekend parked outside.

He he I had to drive some one home the other day and she was nearly sick when getting in my car. I suppose I haev just got used to it 😀

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

He he I had to drive some one home the other day and she was nearly sick when getting in my car. I suppose I haev just got used to it

That's not the bike kit, its the rohypnol that does that.

montylikesbeer

Damp gloves on the window sill "drying"

Strange flashing lights in the kitchen at night (lights charging)

Bike rack permanently on the roof of a very expensive car

nickc

The other members of the house refer to the workshop as the dining room, for some strange reason…

steve_b77
    Free Member

A conservatory used as a bike workshop.

Your other half saying "stop using that ercol table as a work bench"

Cycling gear everywhere.

Bregante

"Recycling bin full of empty CRC & Wiggle boxes"

classic mistake – take your packaging to work 😀

Bregante

"Recycling bin full of empty CRC & Wiggle boxes"

classic mistake – take your packaging to work 😀

epicyclo

Flattened bike boxes stored behind settee because they "may be needed"

swiss01
    Free Member

the omnipresent scent of degreaser

old bike helmets bolted to the shed to make handy hanging baskets

simonralli2
    Free Member

I don't have my own place right now and this month am at my folks house. Am very much walking on eggshells as they are trying to sell it and hence keep it spotless.

But yeah, I have my excellent Tescos £5 front seat covers in my car permanently on, as are the rear seats permanently down with sheeting.

BadlyWiredDog

You keep pouring chain lube on your chips because yes, your bike lubricants do live in the same cupboard as your condiments. Where else would they go ffs?

The postie asks what you're building up next as he delivers the fifth Wiggle / CRC package of the week.

There's a small grit dune outside the back door where it's been washed off your bike post winter Peak rides. Eventually things start to grow on it and after six months, your neighbour – who you share a garden with – shovels it into a wheel barrow and takes it away 🙁

The bath / shower tray has beach-like underfoot qualities.

But surely all these things are just normal?

grtdkad

(Work) Desk upstairs has helmet, gloves and Alien ready to go with HID batteries on charging

handyman
    Free Member

Your local postie signs the "to be signed for, label" as he knows you need the bike bit later in the day and then sorting office will shut by the time you get home, total strangers riding by stop and borrow a shock pump as they recongnise the dirt driveway as marks from bike washing, it happened to me, the bookshelf has several bike guides and riding books and not much else

Bernaard
    Free Member

Bike clothes are put in separate wash basket.
    Crutches still in garage, stilm meaning to be taken back to the hospital.
    Bumps on head because of all the times banged it on the bikes hanging in the garage.
    Kids drinks bottles are made by Camelback

grtdkad

UST sealant spillage on carpet, lack of 'normal' clothes, pile of stinking bike clothes, range of tyres in the garage….

taka
    Free Member

bike bits/frames all over the house oil stains on mothers best rugs more bike content outside of house

sums up my house and i have barns/outbuilding's annd 3 workshops but the house is soo warm and cosey :mrgreen:

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Most bed sheets have blood stains from the knee down.

Bregante

empty ibuprofen boxes in the bin / car door pocket every Monday morning.

The only household tool in the kitchen drawer for "emergencies" is an old trail tool…… you never know when you will need a 6 mili allen key

RealMan
    Free Member

Most bed sheets have blood stains from the knee down.

😀

Shower drain clogged up with mud.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Recognised while riding by the shirt you are wearing.

Not so much a MTBers house but just someone who spends too much time on here.

bassspine
    Free Member

Mint Sauce poster framed in the living room.
    more bikes than people in the house.
    pile of decaying bike tyres in the garden.

RepacK
    Free Member

Downstairs toilet isnt a toilet its a secure centrally heated bike storage facility! (with loads bike mags stacked within easy reach..)

gonetothehills
    Free Member

bassspine – Member
    more bikes than people in the house.

That's a very accurate one. 🙂

The fact that my wife seems to have grown to like the smell of GT85 around the utility room more than Chanel.

Constant gloves / buffs / cycle socks drying on top of radiators.

the_lecht_rocks

miele washing machine.
    m&s home insurance.
    hatchbacks.
    suspension fluid stains on garage floor.
    etc….

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Fab thread – and most observations ring so very true!

Bubble wrap and padded envelopes everywhere along with numerous bits for the constant buy/sell of the classifieds.

A whole drawer devoted to 'trail foods' (sweets, trek bars, more sweets, energy gels etc).

soma_rich
    Free Member

A whole drawer devoted to 'trail foods
    Ahh yes, mine get raided far too often after a night out though….

for me, what littlegirlbunny said

plus, a pile of filthy riding gear next to the wash basket (too filthy to wash, and too filthy to go in the wash basket). Another pile in the bedroom. Another one in the garage and random filthy items hanging up to dry out in the garage as well.

Probably just me!

And the garden is a foot higher than the neighbours from all the mud

Cabri
    Free Member

Mmm, just looked round the flat….dirty finger prints on the sugar bag and washing up liquid bottle, the sigmas are with the frontdoor keys in the hallway, there's a decorative oily cassette mark on the sofa and wd40 is permanently on the shopping list.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Tell tale signs it's a mtbers house .’ is closed to new replies.