Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tell me why I shouldn't buy a Kinesis Pro6 frameset
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

After a new winter bike, mainly road riding but I’m out in most weathers so keen on disks this time.

The Pro6 seems to cover all bases including mudguard fittings.

Any scare stories to worry about before I push the buy button? Ideally I’d like a touch more length on the headtube but its livable.

Ta.

antigee

love mine – just got a second set of wheels so can still do dirt roads / exploring with 32mm tyres or ramp up the speed on 100% road

one reason not to buy – toe overlap – i have small feet (8) and a smallish frame forget what size 49 or 52 and without mudguards on tight turns (like stupid cyclepath bridges) can catch or with mudguards any non flowing bend is a think before you turn proposition

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Ah, never thought about overlap – I’m at the cusp of two sizes so that might sell me on the larger one.

wwaswas

Try one if you can. I had toe overlap on a cross bike – ended up selling it as it was just too unpredicatble off road when it would strike.

bails

I use a CX as a road bike and the toe overlap was an issue when I first got it but now that I’m used to it it’s just a habit to put my feet in the right place. Like not putting your inside pedal down during a leant over turn.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Toe overlap with my size 7s and 51cm frame here too. Not an issue now that I run 170mm cranks and have my cleats far forward though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tell me why I shouldn't buy a Kinesis Pro6 frameset’ is closed to new replies.