Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tell me where to get my forks serviced….
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

I live in Altrincham (as well as Flint, North wales). My forks are float RL 140mm. They need a good service so where do I take them? Cheers for any help

richc
    Free Member

Mojo or TFTuned would be a safe bet.

woody2000

Mojo is the place for Fox apparently

http://www.mojo.co.uk

Telemaster18
    Free Member

How do you do it? Fill in a form and send it at the post office?

Telemaster18
    Free Member

How do you pay for it? Ahhhhh

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member
    Telemaster18
    Free Member

Oh I see, they call you up after they’ve finished and you pay. They do a good job there?

On the same note, how often does a rear shock need servicing?

enfht
    Free Member

Our Head Office is in Altrincham town centre, are there any good trails in that neck of the woods? I often overnight so could propably squeeze in some Summer evening MTBing?

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Not that I know of mate. It’s flat flat flat. I usually go to wales. Stil waiting to go to Macclesfield forest as I have been saying for ages!

lyons
    Free Member

I wouldnt reccomend Mojo myself… Ive sent a shock, had i t come back with the shaft scratched, i know someone who sent another shock and when it was returned it felt terrible. He sent it to a certain someone else, who then proceeded to service it again, and apparantly there were a number of parts missing. I’ve heard similar stories.

I would very highly reccomend stendec though, as when i had some forks tuned by them, they were amazing…

the_lecht_rocks

STENDEC

eot.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Well stendec are cheaper as well. I’ll send my forks off to stendec and see what sort of job they do. Then my rear shock will need a service sooner rather than later also so i might trust them with that also. Cheers

Tracey

Always used TF Tunned and never had a problem, used their courier service every time, sent my 36s for service and Kevins DHX for pushing in same box so only pay for courier once

Tracey

FieldMarshall

TFT every time.

Quality of workmanship is exellent and their collect and return courier service is not only really convenient but also good value compared to Parcelforce etc.

garnyam
    Free Member

Just got some fox floats back from tftuned, got a service and pushed £128 all in. They are now the worlds plushest forks..imo..go for it..

mefster
    Free Member

I live just outside Altrincham and have also failed to find any cheeky local trails in the area. Closest options are Delamere and Macc Forest, although Binners and Co might no some bits around Sale Water Park and the meadows.

jimthesaint

Stendec are based in Holywell so if you spend time in Flint take them round and have a chat with Dave about how you want them to perform.

I don’t live far from Stendec and when Dave’s done forks and shocks for me before I’ve gone round with my bike and rode down a series of steps, etc while Dave watches how the shocks behave. After that we have a chat about how I’d like the shocks to perform and I leave the bike with him. When I go back the next day the servicing and tuning work is done and the shocks are installed on the bike ready to roll.

He offers this level of service for an extra price of £0. Can’t say fairer than that can you.

snowslave

enfht – if you’re staying in altrincham, you’re not that far from loads of ace riding but you’d need to drive to it. Some of the guys we ride with come from out that way and we get to S Pennines, Dark Peak, Rivvi, Calderdale, Lee Quarry, Roman Lakes etc as our regular Weds night rides. If you’re not in the car you’re options are much more limited.

neil853
    Free Member

Ride-On in Rawtenstall! awesome shop and good guys, reasonably priced too

mrsflash
    Free Member

TFT.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tell me where to get my forks serviced….’ is closed to new replies.