Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tell me what 1st fs I want!
  • ceepers

So. Looking at getting a first fs to complement my soul which I really like and will be keeping. I’m small and ideally I will get a complete bike so i’m probably looking 650b. I’m running the soul at 120, 50mm stem, wide bars. I can climb fairly well cos of my size but the fun is in the descents for me

Most of what I ride locally Is fun on the hardtail but I like the idea of having a fs to take on trips to wales or the lakes and use here too so it has to pedal ok. I don’t need a bike big enough for the alps.

With no budget restrictions, a solo or a bandit look like they fit perfectly with what I want but I don’t think I can justify a spend of much over 2g which kinda rules them out.

So options to consider?

Currently thinking

trance
    Saracen kili flyer
    Canyon nerve or spectral.
    Kona process 13x

At the moment it’s hard to look beyond the canyon spec and I think maybe the spectral 6.0 is what I’m leaning towards, the spec is as usual superb value and I can’t help thinking I will end up having to spend extra on upgrading stuff on the other bikes (dropper, wheels) as soon as I got them.

Anything else I should consider? I’m not in a hurry is I could wait til later in the year when prices start dropping I guess

Thanks in advance of the hive minds learned opinion.

chiefgrooveguru

So. Looking at getting a first fs to complement my soul which I really like and will be keeping. I’m small and ideally I will get a complete bike so i’m probably looking 650b. I’m running the soul at 120, 50mm stem, wide bars. I can climb fairly well cos of my size but the fun is in the descents for me
    Most of what I ride locally Is fun on the hardtail but I like the idea of having a fs to take on trips to wales or the lakes and use here too so it has to pedal ok.

This was me nine months ago (except my Soul has 140s and I’m medium). After lengthy procrastination this was finished a few weeks back:

It is incredible!

matther01
    Free Member

I had the similar dilemma a few months ago as to what FS to have along with owning a Soul and for the same purposes as you.

Bought a 26″ Bandit frame and run 150mm Pike up front. There might be some deals left for the Bandit at 26″ and you could build it up with bits and bobs from here for under 2k.

650b might be all the rage…but I’m sticking with 26″.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tell me what 1st fs I want!’ is closed to new replies.