Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Tell me what 140+ coil forks to get
  • ads-b
    Free Member

My Fox Vanilla 130 RLCs are in well need of a service after another tough week in the Alps. But am thinking its time to up the travel a bit as they were bottoming out a few times.

So what do you think. Shortlist so far:
    Rock Shox Revelation
    Rock Shox Lyrik
    Fox 36
    Fox 32 Vanilla RL 140

Need some sort of bolt through too I think.

peachos
    Free Member

marzocchi 55

epicsteve
    Free Member

Just stuck some Vanilla 140's on my Soul and been very impressed by them so far. You might want to consider Coil Pikes as well – I've been using a set of those on my Enduro and also been impressed.

Jamie
    Free Member

I had some coil pikes 454s and they were excellent….in fact i wish i had not sold them now 🙁

ads-b
    Free Member

Just looking at prices. Its been many years since i bought forks. Crickey they are expensive! Where is cheapest to buy them these days?

Jamie
    Free Member

Usually Merln.

Urchinboy
    Free Member

I love my Pike 426 coils. Simple fit and forget forks. 55s use a coil alongside an air preload and its just a rubbish system. I hated my 55s and went to Pikes.

Northwind

Why specifically coils? I'd recommend the new Revelations otherwise, they're air but they're superb.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Same here, sold the 55's for some Dual Air u-turn Revs with the 20mm Maxle, cracking fork!! 😆

ads-b
    Free Member

I just dont like relying on a tube of air up front. The word plush gets used a lot, but coils do feel a lot better to use.

spock
    Free Member

Rock shox dual air revs come very close to coil, i have 32 vans previously and they are very very similar, it'd be a push to say which is plusher, i prefer the revs tbh.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Pikes. There are some great deals on CRC for them at the moment IIRC.

What frame would you be putting them on?

Rio

If you can wait until next month and you don't mind being an early adopter this looks like it could be a bargain.

Edit: sorry, wrong link, should have been this for 150mm

ads-b
    Free Member

Going on a Blur LT

Rockplough
    Free Member

Lyrik U-Turns are heavy-ish (2.1kg) but great.

ads-b
    Free Member

Hmm, those new RS forks look interesting.

Pikes are £430 on CRC, so not really a bargain.

The 55s look reasonable priced.

Cant find any coil, maxle revs for reasonable amount (CRC, Wiggle, Merlin)

Jamie
    Free Member

Pikes are £430

Pikes on Merlin are £386 and last time i ordered some RS forks from Merlin I got a free Cane Creek headset.

nickegg
    Free Member

MOJO Suspension have these….OEM RL model too.

Fox are no longer offering 32 Vanillas so i'd say get some whilst you can as they're the best 140mm coil forks out there IMO.

hora
    Free Member

Just to open things up alittle -you can buy Vanilla or floats and set them at any travel you want by putting in different sized plastic spacers.

My Fox36 floats are set at 140.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

coil 454 Pikes here. Very happy. Tough, good performance and easily serviceable.

hora
    Free Member

One thing I have noticed- the damping on Fox's is on another world compared to Rockshox. I think the Black box upgrade on RS addresses this now?

seanodav
    Free Member

The 55 rc3s are really good, as long as your not a fat bifter and need use too much air to asisst the spring. very nice fork imho

fivespot
    Free Member

Got some Pushed Pikes for sale in superb condition. Just put them on the classifieds 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Tell me what 140+ coil forks to get’ is closed to new replies.