Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)
  • Tell me some surprising but obvious FACT about the place you live in
  • Bunnyhop

Slugwash-that really made me lol. As the same is happening in our house.
    The frame has been delivered the glass is waiting. The seeds are crying out to be planted. Just waited 2 years though not 3.

waynekerr
    Free Member

Cork is the second largest natural harbour in the world (don’t know which is the largest)

Are you sure? I thought that was Mahon in Menorca (Sydney being the largest)

What about Scapa Flow? 140sq miles

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Silverpigeon is in Guernsey? There’s not much mtbing there surely?

Not very much at all unfortunately. There is a lively race scene though. Remember when you used to be able to go racing every weekend and see the same faces. It’s like that here.

jedi

that herts shore is in hertfordshire 🙂

Shack
    Free Member

Cant believe this much known fact has not been posted: Simon & Garfunkell wrote Homeward Bound in the waiting room at Wigan North Western Station. Apart from that its Uncle Joes Mint Balls and pies, wonderful, wonderful pies!

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Exeter contains the narrowest street in the UK. It’s about 5mm narrower than a pair of pro tapers…..

nbt

Simon & Garfunkell wrote Homeward Bound in the waiting room at Wigan North Western Station

Actually it was written at Widnes station.

NBT (grew up in Wigan)

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Also Ray Reardon, the dracula looking snooker player was from Market Drayton

Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘Tell me some surprising but obvious FACT about the place you live in’ is closed to new replies.