Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tell me I'm being paranoid.
  • cubist
    Free Member

Out walking through the rough end of town with my kids and they are behaving in their typical fashion, one storming ahead and the other lagging behind. My 8 year old son was the one in go slow mode today, head in the clouds contemplating the various evolutions of pokemon or some other area of critical importance to an 8 year old boy.

Anyway as I concentrated on making sure my daughter wasn’t going to cross the road without waiting I glanced over my shoulder to check my son was keeping up and some old trampy looking fellow had appeared next to him and was saying something to him, I took a couple of steps back towards them and said “excuse me?” At which point the old fellow muttered something sort of raised his hands in a “I didn’t do anything” sort of gesture and trotted off down a side alley pretty fast. I asked my Son what he had said to him but he didn’t really know just said he mumbled.

The thing is it just seemed wrong to me and it’s been playing on my mind. I can’t really describe the guy so not sure a call to the feds makes sense but it just feels really suss. Have I paid to much attention to the tabloid hysteria and am being paranoid?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You know nothing. Accept that and move on.

PS what’s “the feds”?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Old people talk to strangers, weird I know, but they do. My Nan even gives out sweets to random kids. Should I phone the police?

allthepies
    Free Member

Some people refer to the police as the feds. Perhaps they’re posting from murica ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Disillusioned old bloke in talking to kids shokka..

Nothing to worry about since you were in control of the situation.. relax and play with your kids, its Sunday.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Get a concealed carry permit. Shooting people is a god given right in your country isn’t it?

mogrim

You’re being paranoid. And it’s a weird world where an adult just talking to a kid sets off alarm bells. Thank god I live in Spain!

project
    Free Member

last week i gave away 2 pasties to 2 young lads, who where sleeping rough on the streets,wrapped in blankets, i often chat to old people as well.

Keep your kids under control.dont be so paranoid,and teach your kids to respect all people, and just because he was trampish, doesnt mean he is a perv, lots of well educated parents are convicted of being a perv every week.

Speshpaul

You have no reason to be paranoid.
    Just relax have that bottle of Green King that’s in the fridge, put your feet up but don’t that stuff off the end of the coffee table.
    Mrs Cubist is looking nice tonight.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably wanted your son to toss him off.

Feds won’t do anything without any evidence.

You took care of your son, that’s the main thing.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You have no reason to be paranoid.

Said Speshpaul with his telescope pressed against his eye…

sweepy
    Free Member

Ive reviewed the CCTV for the area and I think you’re right- he was up to no good

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUnhfvGdmmw[/video]

jambourgie
    Free Member

Dunno…

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Ghost!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Speshpaul – Member

Another pervert! Britain is crawling with them!

From touching someones bottom in the work place, to raping little boys; why can’t the Brits keep it in their trousers?

Speshpaul

“Said Speshpaul with his telescope pressed against his eye… “
    Telescopes.. I don’t need a telescope from where I am.

cubist
    Free Member

I don’t normally take a tabloid influenced stance on stuff like this but why run off if all I said was excuse me. I wasn’t being confrontational or agrresive. Just felt wierd and was playing on my mind a bit.

Anyway I best go make some hats out of tinfoil and get the cotton wool I wrap the kids in washed ready for tomorrow.

cubist
    Free Member

and speshpaul please stop trampling on the shrubs…

butcher

I don’t normally take a tabloid influenced stance on stuff like this but why run off if all I said was excuse me. I wasn’t being confrontational or agrresive. Just felt wierd and was playing on my mind a bit.

To be honest, not knowing all of the facts, and just sitting here reading about it. It sounds like it could be construed as being confrontational or aggressive. If I were talking to your child (which I wouldn’t, because like most people these days, I’d be too scared), and you came walking back to me and asked excuse me….I’d take that as excuse me, who do you think you are talking to my child??.

nicecupoftea
    Free Member

A lot of old people like talking to children, and you were quick to step in, so no harm done. just a confused old man by the sounds of it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes you are. End of.

Just keep an eye on your kids otherwise they will probably just wander off.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tell me I'm being paranoid.’ is closed to new replies.