Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tell me I should go and buy myself a blackberry playbook.
  • josh1982
    Free Member

Why should I get one? Why shouldn’t I get one? I think I really want one for work mainly.

Writing this on the “mrs” ipad.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why not just keep iOS to keep it all simple and share the same apps? iPad mini is a lovely little jewel of a thing, too… 🙂

josh1982
    Free Member

I have a bb phone and the bridging seems cool. And it’s twice the price

gravitysucks
    Free Member

At £130 for a 64 gb tablet? Why the hell not. Got one for the daughter for Xmas and initial playing I’m impressed

daddydave

It depends what you use it for. If you want to browse the interest, send emails either on its own or bridged with your blackberry phone and play some games its a great device and is cheap. If you want full integration with itunes, thousands of apps and have spare cash buy an ipad or ipad mini. If cash is a concern then the blackberry is really good value, it glitches a little at times but still worth the money you can get it for.

josh1982
    Free Member

I just want something for emailing attachments eg PDF brochures and excel spreadsheets, editing spread sheets, surfing the web and presenting PDF presentations and power point presentations.

All the personal and fun stuff I will use the mrs ipad. It’s just she grumbles when I take it out the house and its too full with apps to get any work on it.

64g would be useful. Also like the fact that can connect to TV and then operate by phone

flowerpower
    Free Member

I have a playbook, its good for all the browsing I do, and by bridging with my work BB I have web access when I’m away for work for free.

I was a bit worried that they were going out of production and might be hard to get spares/repairs for, so I took Currys new for old no quibble replacement guarentee out for an extra £30. As I understand it I will get an equivalent tablet if anything goes wrong and the playbook is out of production.

EDIT – is ok for spreadsheets etc, but TBH I prefer my laptop for the screen size.

cranberry
    Free Member

Take a look at the Nexus 7 – nicely made, the freedom to install what you want, a popular OS and no iMug tax.

josh1982
    Free Member

More money though……..I think I have made my mind up

Sandwich

and no iMug tax.

No just all your data belong to Google according to their T&C.

bamboo
    Free Member

I’ve been very pleased with my 64gb which I got for £129. There aren’t loads of apps available, but for browsing the Web, emails, controlling my Squeezebox, and viewing pdfs and simple spreadsheets, it’s brilliant.

The boot up time is quite slow, so I just leave it on standby. It is much slicker to operate than I thought it would be.

sambob
    Free Member

I like mine for browsing but some of the apps are quite glitchy. Bargain though, I bought my 16gb for £105 in July 🙁

Jason
    Free Member

I bought a 64gb one a few months ago. I use an ipad for work and was getting feed up with the kids constantly pinching it to use as soon as I walked through the front door. For the money I think the Playbook is great, our one is now full of the kids DVDs and music (there is an app which connects to itunes). While there aren’t thousands of apps available I have found plenty of games to keep the kids happy.

When I bought it I took out the Currys’ 3 years what ever happens warranty, which does replace the tablet if it is accidentally damaged within 3 years. After owning it for a few weeks I had an issue with the charger port not working (I think the plug had been forced in upside down). Currys were excellent and replaced it on the spot when I took it in.

I have since bought the charging station for it which works well and charges faster than the supplied cable.

My seven year old son now ignores my ipad and his DS and only uses the Playbook. My four year old daughter seems more taken with the larger screen on the ipad. Construction quality of the Playbook seems good and is more solid than other budget tablets. Start up time is slow (like all BB devices), but from standby there is no delay.

pacemaker
    Free Member

I bought one in September, 64gb for £130!
    I use it for web browsing and emails but the main reason was so i could fill it with films so the kids could watch them in the car.(45 films on upto now)

It isn’t an ipad, but it isn’t the price of one either so if you want loads of apps etc then look at something else.

Having the 7″ screen is also great as it will fit in a coat pocket/ glove compartment.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tell me I should go and buy myself a blackberry playbook.’ is closed to new replies.