Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tell me about your Specialized S-Works Helmet..
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Might be getting one on crash replacement scheme, so I went down to my LBS and tried one on, its comfortable enough, but looks pretty flimsy – might just be because its so light.

Do you like yours?

aP
    Free Member

Had a 2D for over 18 months. Quite light. Had a 2D before that which appeared to do the job for which it was designed.

anjs
    Free Member

I have 5 year old S4 which as serverd me well. Was the only one that would fit my big head at the time.

The-Beard

I've broke 2 in the past 2 years – that vent at the front seems particularly weak. I have now reverted back to my old E2 which I actually think it has better ventilation, though it is noticeably heavier.

Wookster

have one for marathons etc love it very light and after long days you still dont know its there also very cool(as in temp not gnar!) when working hard so was ace in the hot weather.

Kramer
    Free Member

It's the only helmet that fits me. On my second one now, seems to work ok, I'm still here typing this!

john_walker74
    Free Member

Really like mine, but don't know if it is worth £100..

radoggair
    Free Member

love my 2D, looks good both darkside and (light)side?!! as bought for me by my old team as a leaving prezzie so cant complain. Vents well, good peak and very light. Buy one, cant go wrong. Also Spesh helmets fit my oval head, big ears the best

GJP
    Free Member

I really like mine used for both road and off-road. Relatively new to Spesh helmets as I had always used Giro ones. I think at first I found the lightness a little off-putting as if you weren't really wearing anything or it wasn't planted firmly on your head – but soon overcame that.

N.Wood
    Free Member

I've had my 2D since they first came out in the UK, and is still in 1 piece. The front vent area is a bit weak and mine is slightly deformed, but its ben chucked around my car for about 2 years now and is still all good. I also have a Xen and find the 2D fit my head better as well as being noticebly lighter. Only issue I have is with the pads inside coming away from themselves.

Anyone know where to buy replacement pads for 2Ds?

alexpalacefan

I love mine, on the fourth, after a summer of repeatedly using the replacement policy (£50, bargain).

Comfy and light, and it's saved my bonce many times, what's not to like?

A

wheelz
    Free Member

I had the 2D. It was nice and light, fitted me very well and deflected the ground quite nicely when I went over the bars attempting a drop-off in Spain.

Unfortunately, having done it's job it then split in half.

Bought another one though, which is still going strong – mainly because I'm scared to death of even a 2" drop-off now, and walk round them!

finbar
    Free Member

Love my Decibel. I regularly have little panics that i forgot to put it on, only to realise i am actually wearing it after all.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about your Specialized S-Works Helmet..’ is closed to new replies.