Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tell me about your multi fuels
  • smartay

Hi all
    Starting to look for a new property and wondering which stove to install, unless theres one already fitted. We’ve been really happy with Charnwood Country 6
    So what have you got

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Had a Morso 04 and a Westfire Series 1 in the old house. Liked them both – the Morso was better built but a pain in the neck to light and chuck out heat vs the Westfire. Going to get one installed in the new house and we’ll most probably get a Westfire again.

SaxonRider

I have a Morso Squirrel. It’s been brilliant over the 6 years I have using it.

Blackflag
    Free Member

We have a Esse 100 but really you should get one appropriately rated for the size of the room / house.

Drac

Morsø Badger here it’s superb really easy to use.

globalti
    Free Member

Dovre 250 here, well, two actually. Quite compact but burns fine and lighting ease depends on the slope of the roof and the prevailing wind; ours are mirrored installations on both sides of the roof and the one on the upwind side lights more easily.

With a multi-fuel you don’t get the same expansive grate and big burn as with a woodburner but they don’t half chuck out some heat.

dantsw13

Does it need to be multi-fuel, or just wood?

I’ve just installed a Villager Flat C 5kw which I’m loving! Very controllable and a big firebox, but it’s wood only.

I’ve been told multi-fuel should only use one type at a time, as burning wood/coal together will tar your chimney.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Dru 78M/F a 235kg 13kw max beast of a stove, mainly burn wood though.

globalti
    Free Member

We burn wood and smokless coal all the time; we get the fire going then create a bed of glowing coals, on which we burn our logs. We have the chimney swept once a year and our chimney sweep doesn’t comment about soot.

Much worse is burning proper coal in your multi-fuel, which can get hot enough to melt bits inside the stove.

Junkyard
    Free Member

these days I dont think it matters that much as most of the [ not the really cheap ebay ones] will do the job

best thing is to work out what size you want for the house and buy that

If you get one too big you can makes the firebox smaller with firebricks

I have a massive 8 kw one in mine as the fireplace is massive and small stove looks silly but the heat output would both melt me and bankrupt me.

I only use the wood i get for free as coal is more efficient and less hassle than logs.

johndoh
    Free Member

Does it need to be multi-fuel, or just wood?

This – a dedicated wood burner makes more financial sense if you don’t intend on burning anything else.

dantsw13

We do not recommend that you burn wood and coal at the same time: burning coal produces sulphuric acid and wood can contain a lot of moisture – this combination can coat your chimney in sulphuric acid solution which can quickly eat away at anything.
    Plus the conditions for burning wood efficiently are not the same as those for burning coal efficiently.

From StovesOnline.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

I’ve had a Firefox for a couple of years now and it’s been excellent

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about your multi fuels’ is closed to new replies.