Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tell me about your Habit
  • bwakel
    Free Member

I couldn’t resist the end of season discounts and just ordered a Cannondale Habit Carbon SE with a 35% discount. This will be my fifth ‘dale so I’m used to their idiosyncrasies but would be interested to hear feedback, hints and tips from owners. I’m hoping the Habit will complement or possibly even replace my five year old Flash 29er Carbon 1 which has been a fabulous bike for razzing round the woods in southern England but too race focused for use in rowdier conditions. I have a Yeti for the biggest stuff but wanted something XC/trail oriented for everything else. I’m 51 now and faster than ever but the Flash beats me up on long, fast rides of 30+ miles. I’m hoping the Habit will leave me fresher but be responsive and sharp like the Flash.

From what I’ve read, the SE’s pretty weighty at about 30lb, heavier than my alloy Yeti, which is a bit of a shocker so it’ll have to go on a diet, which isn’t a problem as the savings on list price free up a few quid to replace parts over time. What wears out/doesn’t work so well or can be swapped out to save weight quickly? It sounds like you have to keep an eye on the bearings for the rear triangle. Any advice on this?

Thanks for your input.

Tiger6791

Mine is brown

I find it wears out on the knees due to excess kneeling

Hope this has been helpful

bwakel
    Free Member

Nice. Brown is such a practical colour. I suggest leather knee patches to help reduce wear.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about your Habit’ is closed to new replies.