Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tell me about your current Intense's….
  • Kryton57

Having loved and lost an 5.5evp, then been burned by a Tracer VP with its atypical issues, are the current frames good?

I can’t help wondering whether a carbine 650b should be on my future which list (which current contains a Turner Flux and Yeti SB75)…

Thoughts on the Carbines then?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have a Tracer 275; a Carbine 275 is almost (but not quite) the same bike, but in carbon.

My Tracer 275 is built-up as an all day, all mountain bike, not as a play bike like Box’s, e.g it has Revs, 2×10, and Dampfs on Arch Ex; rather than Pikes/Lyrics, 1×10 with device and 2ply tyres on Flows. It’s 30lb.

When I first rode Box’s test bike at BAB, I always knew it was going to be a fast, plush, and grippy descender. But what blew me away was how fast and tenacious a climber it is. I haven’t changed my mind, although I still can’t pin-down why.

I’m 5′ 11″ and bought a large frame, fitted with a 50mm stem and 760mm bars.

edward2000
    Free Member

Im on a tracer 2, and i think its a fantastic bike. It climbs so well and it is very, very capable on the decents. As an all day machine it is perfect

Ive posted this pic a few times before but here goes again.

Kryton57

So, no quality issues or nasty ride characterstic have made themselves apparant then?

Hmm, maybe a carbine is worth considering.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about your current Intense's….’ is closed to new replies.