• This topic has 42 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • tell me about, your buffalo….?
  • fizzer
    Free Member

Used a Big Face for winter munros/corbetts for years & wouldn't use anything else. NEVER wear a base layer. Too warm for MTB however.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Perhaps I'm diffrent……I don't find it too warm but I think I 'run cool'!
    Have had a BigFace Shirt since '92 and after several washes and re-proofings it's still ace! The pit zips and neck zips allow me to regulate heat well, the pertex outer keeps off rain unless it pours. Then the inner pile keeps you warm but slightly damp. Do most of my riding in it.
    Wear it next to skin, nothing else, and the crotch strap keeps it snug on my back.
    Later bought a pertex windshirt which is brilliant for the warmer conditions, keeping the wind out. Same thing except no inner pile.
    I think they are absolutely the biz, and are probably the best bit of kit I've got.
    cheers
    Q

aP
    Free Member

This last week I've been cycling in to work in an early 90s Polaris fleece/pertex jacket. Even at -4c on the way in this morning it was fine with a t-shirt underneath.
    Seeing the mention of Hamish Hamilton – I had a fibre-pile sleeping bag in about 1977 (tissit?) which I think was the forerunner of Buffalo. I still use it every now and then.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘tell me about, your buffalo….?’ is closed to new replies.