Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Tell me about Woburn Sands
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Ok, can someone give me a location to park at i can pop in the satnav and hopefully ride right into some point of woburn.

Im so getting lost.

oldgit
    Free Member

Try MK17 8TA that'll take you up into the centre of Woburn trails (commonly known as the sandy cross roads) though they've just tarmac'd it!

Play area is on the A5130 Woburn road (Apsley Heath) Coming from Woburn Sands, there's a blocked off Quarry entrance on the left. Then a few yards on there's a grassy area on the right. That's the play area behind the fence.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers oldgit, will have a drive down and see what i find. Hopefully will be able to hook up with some of the locals in the next week or so.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    .duncan
    Free Member

the pump track is very fun. didn't get to ride the xc today

qwerty
    Free Member

OLDGIT – apologies, i've lost the car to the wife today so unable to make the ride – PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU'VE SEEN THIS thanks again for the offer, will have to make it another time. Qwerty

oldgit
    Free Member

Seen what 😉

No problem, another time.

lambchop
    Free Member

Got an hour in this morning, man am I unfit!!! Rode some of the new stuff adjacent to the heather run, very nice indeed, so who's been trailbuilding then????

qwerty
    Free Member

OG – you may see me on Sunday at HotN as i may pick it up from Enfield – i'll be on a british racing green Jake The Snake SS 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

That would be cool. I'll be parking somwhere between the start and finish. I'll on a grey Pearson cross bike. Want to register at the start for my route card for free beer & chips.

Jamie
    Free Member

Was down this morning as well. Was my first time and didn't see everything, but managed to find the Empire Strikes Back, find lots of nice trails, meet Ken Shields and I think i saw Jedi doing some instructing near Empire Strikes Back…with a dude with a beard i think.

Oh Ken, i think i went the wrong way out of the gates to get to the roller coaster as come to a crossroads with Woburn Golf Course straight over and no signs of a church so gave up. Will have to be guided there sometime.

Might need to sort out a more fluid route in future tho 😉

Blurboy
    Free Member

Hi

These are typical Woburn rides. We are normally around near the Church, top of the hill, about 9.00 Sunday mornings if anyone wants some local guiding, or ping me an email for contact number.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=249290
    http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=420791

jedi

lambchop, great to see you again fella!
    i was coaching 2 riders today and no beard in sight 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Could have sworn I saw a beard. Might not have been you then Jedi. Saw your van tho!

@Blurboy: Might take you up on some guiding in a week or so mate.

jedi

🙂

lambchop
    Free Member

I saw a group of 3 riders, 1 with a beard. Plus I've got a beard at the mo but I was billy no mates yesterday.

Planning on getting out a couple of times a week for a while and try and get some fitness back.

ken_shields
    Free Member

jedi, Thomthumb has a mahoosive wildman of a beard and he was one of the guys you were coaching

Jamie, that's the correct crossroads where I said to take the right turn up to the church and onto the rollercoaster. Blurboy would be a good guy to hook up with as he really knows his way about at Woburn

Jamie
    Free Member

jedi, Thomthumb has a mahoosive wildman of a beard and he was one of the guys you were coaching

i was coaching 2 riders today and no beard in sight

Looks like Jedi has the dreaded Beard Blindness. Apparently he has walked right past Brian Blessed without noticing him.

Cheers for the tip Ken, confident-ish i know the way now. I did ask someone but they were not local and didn't know.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Woburn Sands’ is closed to new replies.