Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tell me about… White Lightning Clean Ride Lube
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Tell me about… White Lightning Clean Ride Lube

Been using this on my commuter for the last six months. It has performed well in some very wet conditions, only needing to be re-applied every 4-5 rides usually. It keeps the drivetrain clean and gunk-free, and only only needs a rinse with the hose to get grit etc out before re-applying, although not much road dirt seems to stick to this stuff.

I’m now considering using it on my full-susser trail bike. Is this stuff as effective off-road? I ride in all but the wettest conditions. 😀

http://www.whitelightningco.com/products/index.htm

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if you already have it just try it

Paceman
    Free Member

Probably will do, just interested if anyone else rates this stuff.

knott4me
    Free Member

i use the wax epic & wet lube with great effect.

the wet lube is exellent but not as good at keeping things clean as the epic.

the new stuff has been improved even more not just fancier packaging.

i have used it now for over 3 years & it has prolonged my drivechain .

i would try the epic on the mtb over the wet-lube unless its an absolute downpour.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Sounds the same as the Rock and Roll stuff i’ve been trying, that’s been fine offroad, chain seems to stay a lot cleaner…

Gary_M
    Free Member

I use it but find that through winter I have to re-apply it just about every day on my commuter. Great in summer but I’m switching to their wet lube for wet weather.

nickc

You know, I can’t get excited enough about oil that goes on a chain to offer an opinion.

Sorry.

knott4me
    Free Member

excited nick did i miss something.opinions only needed.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s not oil, it’s wax.

lunge

I like it, works fine for me.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Well, I couldnt get it to work. Im not sure what I was expecting but after one or two rides with it my drive train was caked in poo and didnt look too clever. Twas a pain in the arse getting it off too. Normal lube for me since. Works fine.

knott4me
    Free Member

clean ride is a wax & is exellent but needs regular re-applying.even mid ride sometimes.

and it does make the drivechain noisey,.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

In that case it’s too expensive for the likes of me. And too much hassle.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about… White Lightning Clean Ride Lube’ is closed to new replies.