Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tell me about West Sussex – A good place to live?
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

Considering a job offer in London, which will require a relocation to within about 1 hour of the City.

From a bit of research on the internet, West Sussex looks a decent place.

Thinking of Haywards Heath or Burgess Hill, can anyone tell me what they are really like? Can you go out for a drink without getting run over by a Chav in his Corsa?

Any good riding near by? Road and MTB.

mdb
    Free Member

I live in Brighton (east sussex) about another 25 mins down the line from Haywards Heath. Don’t know either area that well but strike me as a bit dull to be honest. Some lovely villages around there though and as far as mtb riding goes you’ll have easy access to south downs, stanmer park, north downs, tillgate forest.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

East Sussex is nicer imo. And if you’re careful how you cross the road, you shouldn’t get run over by anyone – even by a posh person in a BMW.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i grew up on the border of hampshire and west sussex down on the coast. admittedly do not know the area you are talking about but down south i love that part of the downs and the county. and both mtb and road riding is great.

Lifer
    Free Member

What are you looking for in a village/town/city?

Haywards is slightly nicer than Burgess Hill, but Brighton would be my choice. Loads of little villages around if you don’t mind driving to the train station…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about West Sussex – A good place to live?’ is closed to new replies.