Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Tell me about twitter
  • JoeG
    Free Member

Isn’t “twit” the proper term for a Twitter user? 😀

scaled
    Free Member

@gspellchecker is well worth a follow 🙂

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Following ya … Now say something interesting? 😉

@ti_pin_man

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Following you back and you are boring too!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sorry, that meant to have read – Great to have you along but I am still struggling to see the point of Twitter other than for advertising

butcher

Don’t bother with posting much at first, but it can be nice to follow a handful of people you’re interested in and check in every-so-often.

For example, I mostly use mine to follow road racing. @inrng is superb.

I think this is good advice. If you follow it on a daily basis you soon find out what it’s good for. It almost becomes your daily newspaper. But then I suppose it different things to different people. Whatever way you look at it, it’s good at spreading the word, whether that be news, advertising, or just general banter.

At the very least, if you’re using it for work, even without any kind of news or ‘advertising’, it still keeps you in the minds of your followers.

chvck
    Free Member

I tend to use it quite a lot for keeping in touch with people who I don’t know that well so don’t want to add them on facebook. If I see them tweet something of interest to me then I can comment and it helps keep that link there (mostly people in the same field of work). I also use it to talk to my mates quite a lot, quite easy way to get multiple people chatting about the same thing.

EDIT:

If you follow it on a daily basis you soon find out what it’s good for. It almost becomes your daily newspaper

Yeah I use it for that also, especially useful for keeping up to date on some tech news and I follow things like bbc breaking news too.

miketually
    Free Member

Following you as well now. You’ve mentioned Duval and have tweeted a photograph of your foot, so you will fit in well with most of the people that I follow.

My top tip for finding people is to look at the profile of someone that you find interesting and then seeing who they have conversations with. Follow those people.

chvck
    Free Member

Oh, also – it’s very handy for getting in touch with big companies if you have a problem. It being in the public domain and what-not they tend to be pretty helpful too.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

There’s a few options with Twitter:

Write boring, mundane tweets every 9.3 seconds, precisely

Be funny.

Then there’s the middle ground. That’s where I am. @peatylloyd if you’re interested.

Cougar

Following you back and you are boring too!

I’m not, I rock. (-:

@ukcougar

stimpy
    Free Member

Now following too.

I am unimaginably boring.

@scottstemp

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I started tweeting as it means I don’t have to constantly write long updates for my blog (I’ve linked the two). It’s also really good for following certain sports.

Just as well I’m not in it for the adulation of the public as I have a grand total of 10 followers. One of those is my local bike shop probably wanting to know when I’ll next be in with a broken bike. @braveluggage

BristolPablo
    Free Member

It’s worth it for Jens Voigt alone…

But the today, the tt, when I started I watched the hailstones hitting my hands and arms and bouncing into the air and I was laughing and yelling at the grey sky “is that all you have, come on and hit me with your best shot”

Mackem

@marksheekey

Go through times when I use it a lot, then forget about it for a while. Not very interesting.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Ohh, up to 11 followers. I’ll have to start writing interesting tweets at this rate.

kristoff
    Free Member

Just followed a few people as I scanned through the thread.

If anyone needs more boring tweets feel free to follow me @kristoffrides

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about twitter’ is closed to new replies.