Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tell me about the Pass’Portes du Soleil…
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

..please!

binners

The best advice I cvan give you? Beware the infamous goat of morzine 😯

ddmonkey

Its a fun MTB event, you’ll see a lot of the Portes Du Soleil, you’ll see some lift queues and either hold some people up on the trails or be held up on the trails depending on how fast you ride. If the weather is good its a great fun day. Beware the angry Swiss farmer near Champery, he fired a rocket a me once…

ianv
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty crap. A lot of pretty boring tracks connecting one or two decent bits. Russian roulette with the weather as well, it really sucked when I did it.

The Deux alpes version is better (trails and weather). Free raid classic.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I did it for the first time this year and thought it was ace. Yes there are fire road links but bombing down them at 30+mph with your mates seeing who can brake last for the corners is still cool. For your 49 euros you get two days lift passes, food on the way round and a ‘free gift’ that’s worth having (it was a jacket this year). I rode officially on the Friday and wasn’t turned away from the feed stations when I went round again on the Sunday.

binners

I thought it was great. Make a few days of it and ride the bonkers stuff for a bit, then enjoy doing the lot in a day, then go and drink lots in Morzine. Whats not to like?

ddmonkey

You have to treat it as a fun day out in the mountains instead of a race or a quest for the best tracks ever and then you enjoy it. If you are just after the best riding you can find or going as fast as you can then avoid it as it will annoy you, you are better off just riding what you want on a less busy weekend.

chakaping
    Free Member

Done it three times, love it.

Make sure you don’t throw away your free pass (done this three times) and also set off as early as possible, it’ll take longer than you think – especially if the going is soft.

Some of the tracks around Morzine and Avoriaz are hellish in the wet, but the descent into Torgon was sublime this year – had a great time slithering down through the woods.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Sounds more and more interesting. I’m trying to rope some mates in, but they all have to ask the Mrs for a kitchen pass first 🙄

Where’s the best place to stay/start from… Morzine?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about the Pass’Portes du Soleil…’ is closed to new replies.