Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tell me about the Golf Plus
  • Ambrose

Family of three, two adults and a teenaged son. Car needed for day to day duties and occasional trips abroad biking etc. Already have racks and box from previous car, a Passat estate.

We are contemplating a change from the 56 Passat because our eldest son has more or less left home so we aren't including him in our calculations- harsh but fair!

Suggestions, advice, whatever, – but keep it VW please, we are in a finance thing with them 🙁

timwillows
    Free Member

Could not quite face it myself, looks like a Golf that has been at the pies, strange really as its just taller. I preferred the look of the Golf estate, but decided the Passat was better value in the end

loddrik
    Free Member

I had one for a bit, it's like a golf just a bit bigger. Much better value than a golf though as they don't hold their value as well. I'd have another though.

Ambrose

What is this moveable floor malarky all about?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Hey Ambrose

One of my mates in work has one I'm sure he loves it to bits!!!

I'll give him a call on Monday and get the low down on it, as he does some serious miles in it as he covers whole of UK so if there are any problems with it he'll know.

Guessing he's either got the VOLKSWAGEN (09) GOLF PLUS 5DR HATCH 2.0 TDi SPORT DPF or the VOLKSWAGEN (09) GOLF PLUS 5DR HATCH 1.9 TDi SE DSG (Auto)

will email you Monday eve if I can get hold of him 😉

valleydaddy
    Free Member

You'll hate it after having the Passat

I had a 56 plate 2.0td SE Passat saloon – best car I've ever had – end of!

Ambrose

Aargh- decisions

richcc
    Free Member

I've got a 1.9 tdi SE Golf Plus. Wouldn't say it's my dream car but it came for the right price and has been pretty good. Decent amount of room inside and good economy – high 40s mpg

Only problem I've had has been the fairly well known ABS/ESP pump issue which I got fixed within the 3 year warranty. Not sure how new model compares – not had a good look at facelifted one

richcc
    Free Member

Moveable floor in boot is a false floor which gives a separate compartment about 5 inches deep below the actuall boot. Not big enough for a body but big enough for about 2000 fags and a big bag of charlie! I use mine for keeping all of that crap in that is normally in your boot in, blanket, air compressor, etc, so boot is usually empty. You can take the false floor out to just give a single bigger boot

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I just test drove one this week and found it incredibly dull to drive, but then again most VW's are.

Also thought it was very pricey for what you get. Thats why we have bought a Seat Altea XL. Same floor pan, better suspension, bigger boot, more toys for alot less money.

Why are you tighed in to VW? My wife has just been on a VW PCP and we have got out of it no problem even with 6 months left on it

millzy
    Free Member

i agree with FunkyDunc, my dad has the seat Altea, which is basically the same thing, just has a SEAT badge stuck on the front. It looks far more attractive too and is probably a little more fun to drive purely because you know your not driving such a dull looking car!

nuke

We love our Golf Plus SE and I'd consider buying another if I ever had to replace ours. Don't get the ugly comments as we like the way it looks but each to their own. We're 2 adults and 2 young child and only have the one car…we use it for everything from commuting, shopping, biking, family holidays etc. Cheap to run, fast enough for us (1.9TDI) and good quality (Certainly relative to some other cars we looked at like the Renault Scenic).

Drac

I get away with a golf with a 3 year old a 7 year old and all their clutter for holiday trips. But switching to something smaller than a passat estate may be a culture shock. And agree golf plus is but ugly. Seats are cheaper for a reason not all the parts are the same but has most of the important bits are from vw Audi.

Get the 2.0 tDi though newer one has amazing economy forget the blue motion crap.

I wouldn't call it ugly nuke, more a bit 'special'.

jsm

stick we the estate, like you I looked at the plus. Didn't seem as useful as the longer estate.

I ended up going passat estate (too big for my needs) > golf estate > octavia estate (not in your finance plan I guess)

This will quite possibly be my next VW

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

God I didn't realise VW are doing penis extensions as well now

My current penis extension Dunc. It carries my family & dog in the comfort of a large saloon. All the tools I need to do my job are in the back, which I take out so I can hose it down when I've been on a shitty job. I can drive up kerbs and over rough sites without worrying if I'm going to knacker my rims, or pull a bumper off. If we have just one week of snow like last winter when I can get to work whilst others can't, then it'll return me £1500 on what I paid for it.

But yeah, I bought it because I have a small cock.

konabunny
    Free Member

The Golf Plus website is abysmal: sloooooooow
    http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/golf-plus-ii/explore/experience/safety

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about the Golf Plus’ is closed to new replies.