Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tell me about suits…
  • SaxonRider

…bought online, that is.

Does anyone have any experience of Brook Taverner? If so, what are they like and what is the quality of their suits like?

Are there any other tailors that sell online that people recommend?

Seeing as I would buying for daily wear, I am most interested in finding quality suits for as little as possible. Think in the £200 range when on sale.

TooTall
    Free Member

If you enjoy looking like a sack of crap in a suit on a daily basis, buy online. You need to try suits on as each manufacturer has a different cut and not all will suit / fit you. Even a cheap suit that fits you will look better than an expensive suit that doesn’t. Lots of cheap suit shops out there, from M&S to Suits You.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Gosh – I will / do / would buy almost anything online. A suit and a woman would be the main exceptions.

For daily wear I like M&S autograph, or we’ve got Slater’s in Scotland (one of the biggest suit shops in the world or something) that have the odd bargain. Or Jaeger have some good suits in the sales. But never online.

My favourite suit ever was tailor made – in Vietnam – but that involved a few fittings. I wish I’d got extra trousers at the time but the £8 extra seemed an extragance.

gusamc
    Free Member

for overall cheapness I’d consider a range/shop where you can buy 1 jacket, 2/3 trousers – as IMHO jackets always last longer (* well I hardly ever wore it in the office, people tend to object if you’ve no trousers) and it means you can get the trousers dry cleaned at your leisure

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Look out in the sales and you’ll get something nice for £200. One of my favourite suits is from French Connection and was just under £200.

Try yoox.com for designer clothes at cheap cheap prices.If you spot a bargain you can always send it back if it doesn’t fit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about suits…’ is closed to new replies.