Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tell me about Stainburn
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Ive been past Stainburn today,to be honest ive been past it loads o times & never rode it!,& just wondered,”whats the craic ??”..

Sun Inns only 2 mile up road,so always a good reason to pop up there,if you all dunt know already…

carlosg
    Free Member

Stainburn is somewhere to session and hone your handling skills, it’s either rocky / rooty / steep or a combination of all 3 . There’s some XC stuff over the road from the car park.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Short and techy (in places).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    reedspeed
    Free Member

any fast flowing stuff ?.

lank45
    Free Member

top section (out of the woods) can be fast and flowy in places but there isn’t one decent long run that is without a techy/rocky/rooty section!

As said above, good place to session for an afternoon and hone your skills. It’s not for everyone, and if you like fast open flowy sections then I wouldn’t bother, but if you like it a little slower but very technical then it’s worth the effort!

reedspeed
    Free Member

Wi Mite Ava look !,I’m sure the relevant skills learned will come in somewhere !.

Where’s the car park & visitors centre etc ?.

lank45
    Free Member

No visitors centre, car park is at the top just as you come up the steep section of road on your left.

No paying in the car park either. There is a number of runs on the right as you look down from the car park, you can ride up the road to get access to the start. There is also runs straight down from the car park and turning left into the woods, and one you may miss at the back corner of the car park. As you come into the car park at 12 o’clock it’s at 11 o’clock in the back corner.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Cool !,thx,ill make a note of that cheers ..

chestrockwell

Stainburn (and the old Norwood loop above it) are the work of the devil. Me and my chums never came away from there without broken parts so stopped going. Lack of skill could’ve been a factor though.

tmb467
    Free Member

Broken fingers, broken helmet, broken wheels

I’d agree there!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Agree ^^ work of the devil..

I do it on my 29erSS and its hard climbing back up, but it’s fine, you don’t need 6″ of full suss, just a bit of technique.
    I prefer the top section and the bit that climbs from the bottom up through the woods and out into the rocky bit, then back into the woods. The Top section is laid out forest trails and fine for hacking, bit of fire road too for stretching the legs out, then turn round and back down into the bowl, cross the road and into Stainburn itself, take the left route and its nice bumpy, flowy, bit jumpy pine forest trails to the bottom…

I have seen folks run lifts from the bottom back to the top, but that takes away at least half the trails, and fun.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Great to session. Lots of good stuff up by the mast and also quite a few new jumps to try out just down from the car park.

Get up there and have a look around. Great for 2-3 hours

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Stainburn’ is closed to new replies.