Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tell me about SNOWDON
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Hopefully doing it (weather permitting 4 weeks tomorrow) and super excited 🙂

Whats best – thinking down Rangers path

Marin
    Free Member

Its big and fun. Have fun.

boxfish
    Free Member

I did it for the first time at the beginning of October last year. Up Llanberis, down Rangers then Telegraph valley. Great ride. You’ll love it.

carlos
    Free Member

You’ll love it Rob, tough going up but a right hoot coming down

Route as per boxfish, or start at the Ranger Station, up the zig zags, telegraph alley, Llanberis path and down the Ranger path all the way back.

Edit – Oh and if you do finish on Telegraph alley be sure you know where to turn right as it’s easy to miss when bombing down

thekettle
    Free Member

Be aware it’s highly likely to be properly icy/snowy for the top third, winter in the hills lasts well into March usually. Last April I rode it while an excavator was clearing a 30 foot snowdrift from the railway line (it was a heavy winter though).
    Personally prefer up an down the Llanberis path but they’re all cracking descents. Rangers’ turn-off is easy to miss when descending, aswell as the Telegraph valley climb further down.

ads678

I did it last year in February, it was really sunny at the bottom in Llanberis. The top however was a whole different kettle if fish. Complete white out. we planned to go the Rangers but couldn’t even find it. We decided that the safest option was to ride back down the Llanberis path, and once we’d got past the snow, not much higher than the train bridge, it was full speed ahead all the way to the bottom. Cracking ride, all the walkers made way for us and not one of them moaned at us.

I want to go back to do the rangers which if the easy route is anything to go by will be freakin great!!

booktownman
    Free Member

Not sure what’s been done with the Ranger since the summer – they were resurfacing it around August, hopefully not so much that it lost its, ahem, character. I think there was a thread on here somewhere with folk expressing concern about the nature of the planned works.

SOAP
    Free Member
    Mugboo

We did it on a beautiful April day, Rangers path is tough on tubes & as long as you keep your eyes out after the gate at the bottom of the Rangers you won’t miss the Telegraph turning. After the gate you should have slowed down and started swapping tales of near misses or fixing another puncture 🙂

Enjoy, if the weathers kind, you’ll love it.

bigdean

Did anyone see the snowdon international run on tv last sunday?
    One nutter had reached the top in upder 40mins and the race was expected to be around an hour long!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Did it 3 years ago, tyres were a bit narrow, make sure you have good fat carcassed tyres, you’ll love it even more

Pook

You might like this. You might not.

[video]http://vimeo.com/13904646[/video]

palmer77
    Free Member

Have a look at Dan Athertons go…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5e-uPOdAr0[/video]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about SNOWDON’ is closed to new replies.