Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tell me about singletrack in Parkhurst Forest (Isle of Wight content)
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m a new overner on the Wight Isle and I’ve ridden at (and enjoyed) the riding around Brighstone.

However Parkhurst is far easier to get to by bike and I’m assuming that any piece of woodland has to contain at least some singletrack – anybody care to share any gems over there?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Yes, there’s a fair bit, it’s worth exploring. There’s easily enough for an hour’s blast of an evening.

It’s not as good as Brighstone though, terrain not as steep and what trails there are not so well ridden in.

The main problem is it’s quite heavily worked by Forestry vehicles so last week’s tantalising ribbon of single track can become this week’s 10 foot-wide dual carriageway of churned mud and smashed up timber.

I’d give it a month or so from now to allow the muddy gloopy bits to dry out and you can put together quite a serviceable and enjoyable loop.

Drop me an email if you want me to show you the bits I already know about.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Yes, there’s a fair bit, it’s worth exploring. There’s easily enough for an hour’s blast of an evening.

That’s what I figured. The better half also wants to get back out on the bike again (she used to ride Cannock and Thetters quite a bit) and I’d like to break her in a little more gently than launching her down Ho Chi Minh.

Willdo Stef – cheers. I take it you’re based in Cowes / Newport?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Yep, West Cowes, so Parkhurst is my nearest place to go riding. There’s a tiny smattering of cheeky stuff down the Cowes side of the Medina, too.

You can also join up Parkhurst with the Tennyson Trail via Gunville but I haven’t figured out quite the best way to do that just yet.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ooo, interesting. I can probably see half of it from my side of the Medina. 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hello steve & neil!
    Betty Hunt Lane might be the easiest way to get to the Tennyson trail and turning right at the Blacksmith’s Arm (on left at end of BH Lane)

Paul

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Or it looks like there’s some *cough* interesting trails through Green Park Farm and Park Green Farm. 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

“Get orf my land!” *shakes fist menacingly*

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ah, like that is it? 👿

bigyinn
    Free Member

Probably. 😈

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about singletrack in Parkhurst Forest (Isle of Wight content)’ is closed to new replies.