Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tell me about Sherwood Pines
  • tommid
    Free Member

I’m there all next week. I will have my bike with me.
    What should I know?

I will have to take around two novices at some point…

colournoise

The faster you pedal the more fun it is (unless it’s been raining).

DO visit the bike park areas – great fun.

DO also ride the Blue trail – some sections are faster and more fun than the Red (Kitchener) trail – most of it IS pretty straight double track style paths though.

Overall, it’s better at Sherwood than most people give it credit for IMHO.

slainte 🙂 rob

reedspeed
    Free Member

Bit of everything you’ll enjoy it !,there’s 3 routes if you’re there a week you’ll do em all ! .

reedspeed
    Free Member

Like most trail centres there’s a couple of bits that can catch you out so be aware,it is good rode fast but bear it in mind !.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s flat and it’s boring. If you’re into serious mincecore then you’ll like it but I’d take a road bike to the area or just drive the 45 minutes north to the Peak.

james
    Free Member

“It’s flat and it’s boring”
    You’re not riding it fast enough

tommid
    Free Member

munrobiker, what I failed to mention is that my nearest trails are Thetford.

Ok sounds like your standard sterile trail centre. It’ll serve my needs for a few days and the boys that I am with will enjoy it (as will I).

trevron73
    Free Member

Sherwood has some fantastic bits,one section has amazing berms and it needs to really be hammered.I was at Thetford last week and rode both reds.Your lucky to have such a fantastic bike shop on site at Thetford,make sure you call in the shop in Sherwood they are such nice chaps,i reckon after thetford you will love a bit of gradient,do the Kitchener twice that will hurt at speed .

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I live 8 miles from pines, thought it would be poor due to the slagging it gets so Never bothered with it, did the kitchiner trail last week and found it was much better than expected.
    Next time I’ll do it faster now I know the route.

fizzicist
    Free Member

S’ ok if you have a nadgery xc bike. The bike park is fun for an hour – some good bits you can huck off.

However, if you have a few hours free, get in the car and drive to Ladybower. It’s 45 minutes and awesome

the-muffin-man

It’s 45 minutes and awesome

What do you drive! Its a good 1.5hrs trip to Ladybower from Sherwood Pines.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’d be worth the trip from Pines even if it were 2 hours.

I guarantee I was riding it fast enough, I’ve done it as part of two NPS races as well as having been “for fun” a few times. It’s gash, and not as much fun as Thetford.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I don’t mind Sherwood. I do think it gets a hard time. It’s by no means as epic as other trail centres, but it does the job. There’s hardly anything in the way of elevation in that there part of the world. The trails provide a smile and a great blast. It’s most fun on a HT single speed, although a FS is fun there too IMHO.
    Awaits the haters 😀

will
    Free Member

It’s fast, flowing and not technical but good fun. Also explore some of the other less riden trails as there are loads!

End of the day the trail makes the best use of the terrain!

sparkyrhino

Snickers(marathon) cake is very nice at the cafe.

colournoise

Munro – Thetford is my ‘local’ centre, and much as I love it I think Sherwood is actually better overall. While it doesn’t have anything as outright fun as The Beast and Double Shocker, it is a better trail overall and does at least have a little bit of gradient to play with.

slainte 🙂 rob

MoreCashThanDash

Sherwood has made the best of the available geography, which is all you could ahould expect of any trail centre. The fact that it is fairly tame also makes it good for newbies.

It really bugs me when it gets slagged the way it does on here, but I’ve seen people slagging off the scottish and welsh centres as well, so it must just be the usual keyboard warrior moaning syndrome.

If you are near the Pines, take your bike, have some fun and try it. Stick a post up on here and I’m sure someone will show you the off piste bits in return for a beer

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ve been a few times and enjoyed it,

but if i’m riding my bike i’m having fun regardless.

I pity those who get bored on a bike.

phead
    Free Member

I lived less than a mile from there as a kid, it didn’t exist at the time but I don’t see the point of limiting yourself to one area. Perhaps I just don’t understand trail centres.

If you want something more interesting loop up through sherwood clumber creswell norton.

robidoo
    Free Member

If you are there all week go explore like others have said there’s loads of singletrack..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Sherwood Pines’ is closed to new replies.