• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nickb.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tell me about Scooters pls
  • Aus
    Free Member

Have ridden motorbikes for years but work’s changed a wee bit and a scooter would be ideal for the short commute hop. Never had a scooter, and know nothing so what’s a good, cheapish, reliable scooter to look out for?

Cheers

jota180
    Free Member

Avoid the Chinese ones IMO

A Honda PCX is a good one if it fits your budget
    TBH, most of the Jap/Euro scooters are quite good.

djambo
    Free Member

i rode a vespa 125 for a few years.

it never missed a beat….probably not as cheap as a honda but extra style points for sure 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

Scooters are for men who like to feel the wind on their vagina.

dknwhy

I think you’ll get bored quickly.
    Get a cb500.

jota180
    Free Member

Yeah, a cb500 is super exciting 🙂

He just wants it for a ‘short hop’ to work

enduroforever
    Free Member

My Honda pcx does well over 100mpg and never misses a beat well worth considering

dknwhy

He just wants it for a ‘short hop’ to work

Get a bicycle. 😆

JoeG
    Free Member

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Commuting …… vests automatic ……easy easy

Teetosugars
    Free Member

tone46
    Free Member

Running an older Yamaha xq125 maxster at the mo.125cc four stroke, sips fuel, about 60mph,paid £600.
    Brakes are stonking (twin piston brembos), motor is fine if uninspiring. Be prepared for a bit of a shock on the handling front though!
    All scooters have not got the best suspension. You’ll soon get used to it though.
    Used to regularly switch from a 50cc two stroke scooter to a 1000cc superbike!Bit strange but not a problem.
    For the midlands commute they’re great.

mike_p
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a scoot too, for something a bit bigger have a look at…

Honda NSS300 Forza – good value, ABS
    Suzuki Burgman 400/600 – bigger still with lots of space, of the 400s only the later models have ABS
    Yamaha T-max – bit spendy, but really impressive, fully loaded and the best of the bunch

fasthaggis

The small wheels made me nervous.
    I borrowed one for a while(Vespa)when my bike was off the road ,it never felt very stable under 30mph.

nickb

I’ve had a few Vespas – most recently a GTS300 which was great – easy to handle and pretty quick, plus the commuting benefits of a scooter over a motorbike (more luggage capacity and easy-fit leg covers etc). Sadly it was so nice that it got stolen… apparently its pretty common with the 300cc Vespas 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Scooters pls’ is closed to new replies.