Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tell me about Scalextric 'Start' Compatability
  • higgo
    Free Member

Father-in-law is very kindly buying our son a Scalextric set for his birthday but it seems it’s from the ‘Start’ range.

I’ve read some comments (on Amazon) that it’s not ‘proper’ Scalextric and not compatible with the normal stuff.

When I were a lad one of the things I enjoyed best about Scalextric was buying new bits of track and cars etc. Anyone know for sure how compatible the two systems are? It seems a bit daft to me to sell something as a ‘Start’ kit if you can’t add to it.

13thfloormonk

Probably just means they’ve got magnets in the bottom for little children who don’t know how to slow down for the corners 😈

(interested to see if its even possible to troll about Scalextric…)

clubber
    Free Member

it’s bloody fast actually. even the magnets won’t hold it on the track at full speed. compatibility is as said, not proper scalextric but it’s still great – my three year old son loves it.

carlos
    Free Member
    higgo
    Free Member

Jolly good – will start looking for track and cars.

totalshell

oh.. i have a complete mint boxed collections of all the Ford gt40’s that started the 1966 le mans and all the ferrari 365’s that have ever started le mans.. ( it can be anal and very expensive as once outside the scalextric brand you have to go european with fly mainly).. did i mention i dont even have any track just all these cars boxed on shelves above my desk..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Scalextric 'Start' Compatability’ is closed to new replies.