Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tell me about rollers…
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Are the cheap ones ok or how much do I have to spend to get decent ones…

kayak23

Depends. Is your hair very straight, or do you have a little natural curl?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Get ones with a resistance unit. I have some Cyclops rollers with a resistance unit.

The Sportcraft rollers on Planet-X are virtually the same as the Cyclops ones you can get, but much cheaper.

These

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thanks.. hair is a bit wavy but goes curlier the longer it gets.

Was also looking at some elite arion mag rollers but are £200 (with discount)

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/trainers-rollers-trainers-rollers-elite-arion-mag-parabolic-resistance-rollers/elittrai245000000000

Am i likely to ride off the side of the rollers the second time i use them and break my arm / teeth / collar bone??

Do the raised edges of rollers like the elite ones actually do anything?

stoney
    Free Member

The “raised” edge ones are the “parabolic” ones…. they keep you in the centre automaticlly…… 🙄

The old ones i used to have were “ordinary” rollers where you had to actually balance on them, as well as pedal like stink…… No “resistance” gizmos what so ever….., if you were doing 25mph on them and stopped pedalling, then they came to a standstill in less than 10 seconds. This is actual fact!!!! ❗

They were 20 years old, chuffin hard work and will be sadly missed!.

Picto
    Free Member

Got some TACX Antares rollers. They seem to do the job. The curve on the rollers probably helps a little to keep you on the roller and away from the edge but it is still relatively easy for the unwary to roll off.

Re resistance it is effected a fair degree by tyre pressure. H

Picto
    Free Member

Got some TACX Antares rollers. They seem to do the job. The curve on the rollers probably helps a little to keep you on the roller and away from the edge but it is still relatively easy for the unwary to roll off.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/trainers-rollers-trainers-rollers-tacx-antares-rollers-t1000/tacxtrai180000000000

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I don’t think the edge thing will help that much. The biggest challenge will be actually staying upright to start with, and once you’ve got that, its fairly easy to stay in the middle.

You can still get a wobble on and end up on the floor, I would have thought, even with curved edges

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thanks all.. probably just go for the planet X resistance rollers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about rollers…’ is closed to new replies.