Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tell me about Real Ale Wobble, Camping???
  • madjak
    Free Member

Want to do this, any advice on the event. And is camping, well sleeping in my van an insane idea? I’m presuming someone I’m with will have a B&B room with a shower 🙂

Are there any camping places they set up for the Wobble.

alfabus
    Free Member

we always camp or sleep in car/van.

the rugby pitch is set up for camping, and is in easy walking distance of the pubs.

showers are for wimps – we normally go down to the river next to the rugby pitch and wade in for a wash 🙂

make sure you get there early if you want to be able to park; even earlier if you want to park level for sleeping.

Dave

z1ppy

Only went last year for the 1st time but as Alfa says, there a field for camping with a road running alongside, that everyone parked on. You can’t drive on the field to camp, which is good as it was damp, and last year was the driest for a while, according to regulars. Again 2nd the comment about getting there early, we arrived around 8-9am and were parking at the far end of the lane, where it wasn’t level. There were showers at the school (start point) and on the camping field, neither was great (the loo’s were quite full quite quickly</shudders>) but they did the job.

Nick

Oh man, I still shudder when I remember my first Real Ale Wobble experience.

We camped on a small piece of grass outside someones house as the rugby pitch was flooded, there was dog shit everywhere (found a nice one right outside my tent door in the morning).

Washed using a hosepipe that a nice lady let us use to clean our bikes.

Went for a curry on the Saturday night, drank a stupid amount of ale with two nutters from the Kinver Brewery and some American bloke called Gordon who was riding a folding bike.

Awoke with the mother of all hangovers and very very unstable bowels.

Had to stop several times on the wade across the rugby pitch to concentrate and ensure I didn’t have an accident, only to find only one unbroken toilet, a queue of ten people, sewage everywhere and no toilet paper.

Somehow I didn’t let myself down, but it was the worst ten minutes of my life.

z1ppy

with two nutters from the Kinver Brewery

I imagine that was Dave & a friend, a very apt description though.
    (though I still prefer the Enville ales from up the road)

mother of all hangovers and very very unstable bowels.

Seemed quite lot of that going on, I found the public loo’s by the river (tucked behind a building) quite a nice hidden retreat.

alfabus
    Free Member

I found the public loo’s by the river (tucked behind a building) quite a nice hidden retreat.

noooo! don’t tell people about the secret toilets!

madjak
    Free Member

Great descriptions, yes this looks like exactly the sort of thing I’m looking for. Cold, wet, muddy, washing in a bucket of muddy water previously used for washing the bike etc… and plenty of beer. Getting Mayhem flashbacks. Not sure about the raw sewage though, recon I could take or leave that.

Does seem like a laugh though, Yep I’m in. Don’t think my mates are going to be as easy to convince though?

How much beer is there? I am a bit of a ale fan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Real Ale Wobble, Camping???’ is closed to new replies.