Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tell me about… Quidco…
  • dandax1990
    Free Member

Noticed a few people mention Quidco on here? How does it work exactly?

Is it worth looking into?

scaredypants

well worth it – slight ballache making sure everything is tracked but I’ve had about a hundred quid a year back

somebody can refer you and they get a little cash – you don’t but you won’t lose out

scaredypants

lots of places (including bike sellers) offer 1-5% cashback on purchases but things like insurance, phone contracts offer quite big amounts as a one-off

all you do is register and then whenever you want to buy stuff, go to their site, enter “wiggle” or whatever into their search boxand if it comes up, click on their link to open up the site while tracking your visit. It “should” magically record your spending and enter a claim (that can take a while) but I often find it doesn’t and have to generate one manually. Not hard but 2-3 mins “work”

Don’t assume you’ll get it fast (and just maybe not at all though I’ve not had this) and don’t make it your only reason to shop at one place

bruneep

Use it quite a bit over £100 cash back so far

my refer link 😉

scaredypants

(if you don’t have a mate who’s registered and can refer you, I can send you a code that’d give me the bonus – personally I think stw should have an account and provide a referral code for people so that we “give” them the kickback)

votchy
    Free Member

There’s also a phone app that you can get cashback for just visiting a shop, helps when the mrs is browsing!!

dandax1990
    Free Member

Good call scaredypants, So does each referal basically earn you cash? Or just more savings?

jonjones262
    Free Member

do insurance policies through it, I’ve made over a grand over the years.

plus booking 5K’s worth of flight through the site :O

Jamie
    Free Member

I use TCB, no particular reason, just the one I started with. Tracking doesn’t with with Chrome as ad blockers/ghostery etc stop the tracking cookies, so I use an unadulterated version of Firefox when shopping and always tracks fine.

It’s not a quick, nor guaranteed, way to make money 8)

…saying that I have been getting my TCB payments in Tesco Clubcard points, and so every £ I get I can double or quadruple with Clubcard Boost.

Liftman

It’s free money what’s not to like, received £1100+ so far for stuff I would of be buying anyway :mrgreen:

scaredypants

So does each referal basically earn you cash? Or just more savings?

If somebody refers you, they get some cash (£2.50 ?) as a one-off when you ,make your first linked purchase. After that, nothing else

scaredypants

funnily enough, I’ve never actually checked that any of the reported cashback payments have actually arrived in my account – could be a massive scam for all I know 😳

dandax1990
    Free Member

So if STW was to make an account, and everytime we make an account we used their refferal, they’d be able to raise some decent money to go towards the costs of running the site etc?

scaredypants

yeh – like the “buy us a pint” link on classifieds, but it’s not your own money you’re giving them

sadexpunk

i signed up for quidco and topcashback. used links to buy stuff, never recieved a penny from either of them so dont bother now. maybe im just unlucky :-/

Cletus

I got a decent amount of cashback when signing up for a new mobile phone contract.

I also get cashback on in-store purchases at Debenhams when I use my credit card which is linked to Quidco.

Airport parking also gets decent cashback.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about… Quidco…’ is closed to new replies.