Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • tell me about PayPal refunds
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

So I’ve sold an item through PayPal and the buyer is claiming it is not as described and wants a refund.

He wants the refund approved before sending the item back.

What protection do I have as a seller if I approve the refund and then either don’t get back the item or get back something beyond the condition of what I sold?

Even if I signed for a tracked parcel, what’s to say its not full of junk?

stevied
    Free Member

Refund after receipt of goods. Video opening it if you want some extra protection..

AlexSimon

Why would anyone expect a refund before sending back!?

hora
    Free Member

And ping item gets lost in the post.

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Stick to your guns, ask buyer to send via a trackable delivery method , have they opened an item not described case with paypal?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Was it on eBay or elsewhere?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Not via eBay but paid for as goods on PayPal.

The case has been raised via official PayPal routes.

If I accept the ‘refund’ option, do PayPal hold the money until I confirm I’ve had the item back and its been received as described. Or do they just pay out?

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Paypal will have probably held the money by limiting for paypal account. I would make sure paypal are aware of how the item doesnt fit the description and how it vareies from your description., if that makes sense. If i remember correctly they will ask the buyer to provide tracking info, then they refund when you notify them that you have recieved it back.

Good luck with it!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Is that “When I receive it back AS DESCRIBED” or just the fact I’ve signed for it?

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

When youve checked over it and agree with what the buyer has taken issue with and make sure it was the same item you actually sold. If its not or its been damaged get in touch with paypal . Hopefully its just a case of buyer remorse.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘tell me about PayPal refunds’ is closed to new replies.