Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • tell me about paypal
  • lock
    Free Member

as above really ,ive got a motorbike for sale in a motorbike paper and someone has emailed me about buying it,

its up for £5000 and he wants to pay through paypal,

will they take a cut
    is there anyway he could withdraw payment after recieving bike

thanks

highclimber
    Free Member

you will be charged about 10% iirc. I would be questioning his reason to not pay on collection.

Jamie
    Free Member

For that amount I would insist on bank transfer, with possibly a deposit paid by Paypal….and him meeting the fees.

flip
    Free Member

You’ll loose ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Insist on cash!

lock
    Free Member

thanks,i thought so,i am a little suspicious

monkeyboyjc

paypal is better for the buyer as its provides a level of protection ontop of credit cards….
    however its worse for the seller as you get charged, but also even after the money has been transfered into your bank ac the buyer can do a ‘charge back’ and you’ll be out of pocket.

If you’ve advertised that you’ll accept paypal you’ll have to live with it, but if not i wouldnt use paypal.

About 5 yrs ago i sold a bike, 2 months later a charge back happend, it took about 8months to sort out with me taking the buyer to small claims court. Turned out the buyer was an 18yr old living with mum and dad, and had used dads credit card with out him knowing. His dad did the chargeback and i was out of pocket for £700 and had paypal’s dept colletors on my arse.

there are many many simmilar stories on http://www.paypalsucks.com/

allthepies
    Free Member

Add on 15% if he want to use paypal.

Even then, I’d insist on cash.

monkeyboyjc

if its on ebay, and you’ve listed the item saying you’d except paypal, you cant ‘add on’ any amount to cover fees. The buyer will refuse and you’ll loose a sale.

stevomcd
    Free Member

??? Fees are only about 2-3% ??

Bit more if it’s international / cross-currency. Nowhere near 10%. It’s ebay that takes a big chunk.

grantway
    Free Member

Just ask them to take a look and if they want it then pay in cash.

alexpalacefan

Don’t do it. It will cost you money and if there’s any sort of problem PP are a bloody nightmare to deal with.

Cash for car and bike sales. It’s the man-law!

APF

toys19
    Free Member

item not recieved scam . avoid.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Could just be that he hasn’t got the cash available and by paying with Paypal it enables him to use his credit card – just a thought.

trevh
    Free Member

I use ebay alot and they now own paypall so if you say you wont except paypall they pull your listing. its a complete con feees are high and it easy for the buyer to raise a dispute either not recieved or goods not as advertised. Paypal will just pull the money straight back out your account. for something that value avoid like the plague. you aint got no rights if your the seller on paypall. its crap.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘tell me about paypal’ is closed to new replies.