Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tell me more about my dirty old Inbred…
  • sv

Picked up a very used Inbred frame it has the cable stops running along the top side of the top tube. Bridge on the chainstays and what looks like a factory made dent beside the chainring clearance area. It's pearlescent white, what sort of vintage would it be and no real difference to my previous 'new' inbred frame I take it? (should never have sold the first one!)

PS. One happy Inbred owner – again.

DaveJones2478
    Free Member

Classic frame, whatever year it is!

PJay
    Free Member

Could be one of a number of models. Is it geared? I've got a 2003 model that was designed to take 80-100mm forks, I think that this one had slightly thicker tube walls than the previous model which I believe was designed to take up to 80mm forks so there's a difference between these and the current model that should take 100-130mm forks.

My 2003 model has fairly flat, crimped, bridged chainstays which give bags of chainring clearance even on a 47.5mm chainline and, IMHO, are much better than the newer wide bridgeless design that can get badly mangled in chainsuck situations.

sv

Yes crimped, bridged chainstays, it's geared. Now concerned it might only take 80mm forks! Just let the Rebas out to 100mm.

Edit: just to add the only part of the frame that hasn't a mark on it is the crimped drive side chainstay. Bridgeless stays maybe wasn't the way forward?

PJay
    Free Member

Now there was something about the number of cable guides on the toptube showing whether it was the earlier, thinner tubed model for up to 80mm forks and the 2003 frame which should take up to 100mm. I think that the later had 3 guides as opposed to 2 but I'm not entirely sure. Hopefully someone can enlighten you.

sv

PJay thanks, it has three guides and yes hopefully somebody can add to the info. It weighs 5.2lbs

nbt

If it's geared it'll be fine for 100mm forks – only the very oldest SS frames were designed for 80 mm forks, IIRC

oldfart

For the definitive answer why not make a note of the frame number and e mail On One ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tell me more about my dirty old Inbred…’ is closed to new replies.