Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Tell me about Motorbikes…..
  • cxthompson
    Free Member

I used to have a sports bike but the purchase of a house and getting a wife put paid to those. I have since returned to biking and being mindful of the fact that I like my licence, I’ve bought a Suzuki DR600. I’ve always liked big singles and this one doesn’t dissapoint. Other than the joy of riding the best bit is it doesn’t do much more than 70 so hopefully my licence is safe..

Although there is talk from the wife of getting rid of it for a small petrol car, we’ll have to see who wins that battle.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

My Suzuki, used for Summer Commuting and Fun. Its stupid and far too easy to go fast on. Been Riding motorbikes for 10 years now.

Also have a CBF 125 for winter duties.

Will never give them up, unless i can’t mount one or it kills me.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

See this?

Well, it’s like this
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0OwMShNbsY[/video]
    And it will kill or cripple you if you’re not careful

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cycling and motorcycling are inherently linked. Don’t know why more cyclists don’t own motorcycles.

Agreed.
    The other thing that baffles me is the people that have bike licenses and drive a car to work. OK, some need to carry lots of stuff, I get that entirely, but it baffles me why some bikers (And I’ve met them) won’t get on a scooter for instance, for commuting, when it makes soooooo much sense and gives you an hour of your life back every day.
    There’s no way on earth I’d do my (25 mile each way) commute in a car. Not a chance. I average about 35 mins for that journey, in towards London from Farnborough in very heavy traffic. A car would be an hour, no question……

pegasus
    Free Member

for sale:Suzuki Bandit 600. 17,500 miles 4:1 stainless bandit mania exhaust, great condition, full service, with receipts, 500 miles ago. £1700. Aberystwyth. Genuine reason for sale.

br
    Free Member

There’s no way on earth I’d do my (25 mile each way) commute in a car. Not a chance. I average about 35 mins for that journey, in towards London from Farnborough in very heavy traffic. A car would be an hour, no question……

Yep, agree.

I use to do Aylesbury to Westminister, later Weybridge and laterly to Brentford. +45 miles and all under an hour during rush-hour – a car could double it quite often and public-transport even longer.

epicyclo

Bikes are great.

I miss the days when you could go out with no helmet and do the ton legally. Too insulated now.

kilo

epicyclo – vincent engine in a norton frame?

epicyclo

kilo – Member
    epicyclo – vincent engine in a norton frame?

Yes. Over-rated heap of shite actually.

This was much better point to point on winding narrow roads.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Motorbikes…..’ is closed to new replies.