Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tell me about Manitou R7s, experience, thoughts reviews…
  • tommid
    Free Member

I haven't had a set of suspension forks on my Singlespeed for some time and I fancy something a bit differnt, quite fancy a set of R7s, should I?
    I had some SX Tis in the late 90's and some of the first Dorrados on my old super 8, but i have since heard some negatives about Manitou. So what do you lot think?

spokebloke
    Free Member

Had a set on my VT1 for a couple of months. They've got my limited skills out of trouble a few times. Well put together, but they should be.

The compression adjustment is meant to replace a lockout – but doesn't.

They replaced Maguras – if I had to choose again I'd go for better Maguras.

tazzymtb

had r7 platinum spv's on the xc hardtail. great forks, but if you are over 12st I'd avoid them as they would be a tad noodly. TBH if you after a short travel fork, Rebas or the new SIDs are top banana.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    warpcow
    Free Member

I've had a set on my S-S for a couple of years now (80mm Elite Absolute iirc). No problems with it and it's been good for its intended purpose. They're quite hard to set up to get the feel right, and even then they're still quite 'pert' (seems to be the word used in mags).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Manitou R7s, experience, thoughts reviews…’ is closed to new replies.