Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tell me about lift passes in Les Arcs, Le Thuile, Pila and La Plagne
  • ahsat

The long awaited holiday is nearly upon us 🙂 However, trying to work out the lift passes is doing my head in!

We are staying in Bourg St Maurice from 19th-28th August (9 nights) and then Aosta from 28th Aug-3rd Sept (6 nights). I know the lifts in Les Arcs region close 30th August (hence moving to Pila area). We have the van so are pretty flexible, but of course want to use the uplift.

We plan to mountain bike, walk and via ferrata (and chill out a bit!). What is the best arrangements on the lift passes for Les Arcs, Le Thuile, Pila and La Plagne etc? We aren’t guided (I know it would be better, but this is cheaper!) so making it up as we go along, which is starting to make my head hurt! Any advice welcome. Any deals which we need to buy in advance?

Many thanks

wallop

A Paradiski week pass will cover you for Les Arcs and La Plagne and will be the best value even if you only go over to La Plagne for one day, as the pass also covers the cost of the Vanoise express.

La Thuile also closes 30th August so if you want lifts then pop over there for the day from Bourg – takes less than an hour to drive. Don’t miss La Thuile – it’s ace.

ahsat

A Paradiski week pass will cover you for Les Arcs and La Plagne and will be the best value

That is the 7-day mountain bike pass, which will cover us and our bike I guess? 82 euros, that seems decent.

In La Thuile and Aosta there is a 6 day pass, but the wording is really ambiguous

They can do to be used on consecutive on not consecutively.

???

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rondo101
    Free Member

Can’t quite get my head around it, but a season pass for paridiski (both La Plagne and Les Arcs) from La Plagne appears to be €90, whereas the same pass from Les Arcs is €175. For 9 days you aren’t going to get cheaper, but it would involve a drive to somewhere with a La Plagne tourist office, assuming my understanding is correct.

wallop

On the price table I read that to mean that you can’t use the pass on consecutive days, so would be no good if you’re there for a week.

Les Arcs – yes, week MTB pass.

ahsat

Can’t quite get my head around it, but a season pass for paridiski (both La Plagne and Les Arcs) from La Plagne appears to be €90, whereas the same pass from Les Arcs is €175.

I havent even seen those prices. The one I found, which wallop seemed to suggest, is 82 euros for 7 days.?!?! This does not help my confusion.

To be honest, 7 days is fine, as we only are there for 8 full days, allowing the 28th as a transfer/rest day, so we can do something non lift based for the 8th day.

The 5 full days on the Italian side might require buying separate Aosta and La Thuile (till it closes) per day passes. There does look like a deal that you can buy the 19 euro day Aosta pass after 28-8 and use it for two consecutive days which might work.

ahsat

I havent even seen those prices.

Oh, I have just found it! What on earth?!

wallop

http://www.la-plagne.com/en/summer/activities/chairlift-pass.html

Make sure you put some effort into your route planning in La Plagne before you head over there – not all the lifts are open on all the days.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

And not all the lifts at Les Arcs are open on Saturdays. Only the Funicular, the Cachette, the Vallandry and the Lozenge.

ahsat

Thanks very much. I think we will work out the timetable when we get out there as my head hurts! I think we probably can do a 7 day Paradiski pass for the first phase and then buy tickets ad-hoc for the Asota bit, for La Thuile (whilst its open) and then Pila etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about lift passes in Les Arcs, Le Thuile, Pila and La Plagne’ is closed to new replies.