Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tell me about Lake Garda
  • mafiafish
    Free Member

I'm doing the usual French/Swiss alpine riding holiday around Mega time, but I quite fancy going somewhere new and riding up some of the hills.

Just wondering, as a brief idea, where's good to stay on the very-cheap in the area around Garda, and how's easiest/cheapest to get there- drive or fly?

Is it easy to do without a guide? I've never ridden with one in the past and there'll only be 2 of us.

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

where's good to stay on the very-cheap in the area around Garda

😆 A skip*?

Lake Garda is such a touristy area that EVERYTHING is expensive (I've been there). We went to the cheap(er) south end of the lake. Still cost a bomb in comparison to other holidays.

It's a beautiful place and I'd love to go back there, but I'd probably stay a bit further away from the lake. We went there on a family holiday, the camp site brochure said it had loads of watersports and adventure-type things; the plan being the 'rents would leave us to get hooked on adrenaline whilst they went for walks +stuff. The buggers lied, they only had motorboat hire (which required handing over a severed limb so we didn't bother) and one broken canoe. Needless to say that wasn't the best holiday we've ever had.

We won't be going back, which is a shame because it's a gorgeous area.

*…actually thinking about it you probably have to pay rent for those now 😉

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Hmmm, don't know about the riding there but I have been to Garda a lot and one thing it isn't is cheap…..

I think Easyjet fly to Verona which is an hours drive from Garda.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

I went there in 2006, it was superb.. Photos

We stayed in Turbole in an appartment but I can't remember where, I don't remember it being so expensive. Meal out cost us about 45 or so euros for 3 with wine. Our appartment was just what you'd expect to pay for a place in the alps. Meckie's is well worth a visit and I was quite glad to be at the hilly north side of the lake.

Alpine elements go there which would be a cheap option. But I have no experience of them, and have heard some negative feedback about them on here.

Route finding around Lake Garda was easy, there's loads of stuff. You want the Alto Garda map on this page..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Lake Garda’ is closed to new replies.