Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tell me about gps units.
  • chrispuppet

Happy New year all. I am looking to get myself a gps unit in the next few days. I want it to have os maps so was thinking of the Garmin Etrex 20. Looks like a good price on amazon for about £140. Just wondered if anyone had experience of the etrex or can suggest any other units. Cheers

gasyz
    Free Member

Have a look at memory map adventurer 2800,I’ve had one for over a year and very pleased.

butcher

The eTrex 20 is perfect for navigation. Has basic cycle functions too, average speed, max speed, that kind of stuff. I’d recommend it if that’s what you mainly want it for. Satellite reception is great too, never had it drop out yet.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Free UK OS style maps from talkytoaster (or search forum for Etrex there was a PSA thread with some discussion). Got one for Xmas as a result but not used it yet.

matty456
    Free Member

Had a Garmin etrex 20 for a few weeks now and very pleased with it. Down loaded maps from OCM, great detail. Do a bit of geocaching as well and not had any issues. Got a mount for handlebars and used it in the rain. No complaints so far. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about gps units.’ is closed to new replies.